SiouxSports.com Forum

NCC Athletics

UND Fan

Does anyone know the miminum number of teams needed in the NCC to warrant a conference championship or if there is a minimum?

There will only be four wrestling teams next year - I guess the conference could continue to recognize a championship tournament with four teams - three teams wouldn't make much sense.

Swimming should be safe for awhile with five teams remaining.

UMD does not have either wrestling or swimming.

Does anyone know the miminum number of teams needed in the NCC to warrant a conference championship or if there is a minimum?

There will only be four wrestling teams next year - I guess the conference could continue to recognize a championship tournament with four teams - three teams wouldn't make much sense.

Swimming should be safe for awhile with five teams remaining.

UMD does not have either wrestling or swimming.

Their is no longer an NCC tournament in wrestling (i have no clue about swimming)

from gobison.com

POSTSEASON FORMAT CHANGES: Membership changes in the North Central Conference have sparked changes in the championship criteria for both the NCC and NCAA. The conference tournament, which was for many years a national qualifying tournament, has been eliminated in favor of an NCAA regional. Here are some details...

--The team conference championship will be determined by the best dual meet win-loss record in league action.

--Individual conference championships will be awarded to the highest league finishers at each weight at the NCAA North Regional.

--The top three conference individuals in each weight at the North Regional will be awarded all-conference honors in the NCC.

--Berths in the national tournament will continue to be awarded to the top four individuals at the North Regional in each weight class.

That really surprises me that they have discontinued the tourney. It looks like they are going to a regional format similar to Cross Country.

The tourney at the end of the year has always determined the NCC Champion, I assume the the team with the best head-to-head record will now be the champ?

Still curious if the NCC requires a minimum number of teams in a sport for it to be officially sponsored by the conference.