SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux or Badgers?

01grad

Which team will have a tougher time against their opponent this New Years weekend?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Which team will have a tougher time against their opponent this New Years weekend?

• UW (Playing a weak State team w/o 3 players and coach)
    • ND (Playing a decent State team w/o 3 key players)
    • Each series will be equally tough for both teams

I know there has been a lot of turmoil surrounding this weekends scheduling in the WCHA, so I just wanted to start a poll and thread to hear what people think about how this might impact the standings. Personally, I think it is a tough situation to be in but we are here and need to make the most of it. As long as we play as well on the road as we do at home, we will be just fine. We are a lot better than every other WCHA team and just haven't had the chance to prove it yet. The only team that scares me a little is the Gophers who are starting to play strong, but they shouldn't get in they way of the McNaughton cup. I think it is great how Zach and Brady are ripping it up in the WJC. GO USA!!!

Based upon this past weekends performances by both the Sioux and Badgers, it seems that both teams should be okay, but could be better if they had their full teams. The Badgers put up a good fight against Ferris State, which was probably tougher than our opponents. UND scared me a little on Sat. but after the perfomance Sun. I think we should have enough firepower to put up a good fight. Granted they were horrible teams, but you still need to beat those teams to make it, just ask the Vikings.

It seems that it has always been tough playing in Cloud and I just hope that some guys step up because the Huskies will be hungry. Hopefully we can make them feed on their own %&@!.

GO SIOUX!!!

I guess now that Wisconsin has 3 players suspended, they may end up splitting with Mankato now. That would help us out tremendously. Of course we need to do well against St. Cloud, but we need Wisconsin to start slowing down and lose a few as St. Cloud has already done, then the cup should be a cinch.

UND is playing a tougher opponent, but UW will have a tougher time getting points. MSU really took it to UW at Madison on their Saturday night game, Bruckler bailed them out. It won't happen this weekend at Mankato. MSU will get at least 3 points.

UND may struggle one of the nights, but I will be surprised if they don't cruise one of the nights. SCSU has been doing it with mirrors and great goaltending in my opinion. Reminds me of their hot starting teams with Leitza, not their teams with Meyer.