SiouxSports.com Forum

Preseason Big Sky Coaches Conference Call

twins15

Hi all,

Yesterday all the Big Sky coaches had a conference call with the media, where many questions were asked. I typed up a summary (and a link to the audio) from that call, if you are interested.

http://www.bigskybball.com/2012/10/summary-of-preseason-coaches-conference.html

Jones talked a bit about how he doesn't think the long roadtrips will be a big issue, the development of Troy Huff, and an update on Jaron Nash.

Hi all,

Yesterday all the Big Sky coaches had a conference call with the media, where many questions were asked. I typed up a summary (and a link to the audio) from that call, if you are interested.

http://www.bigskybba...conference.html

Jones talked a bit about how he doesn't think the long roadtrips will be a big issue, the development of Troy Huff, and an update on Jaron Nash.

Jon - I (we) certainly appreciate your reporting on Big Sky roundball. You provide thorough and very objective information.

I am curious, what do you do for a living that allows you to: 1) follow eleven teams so closely and 2) find the time to write your articles.

Again - you provide great info. Thanks!

Hey, I am an accountant by day. I graduated from UND in Dec 2009 with an accounting degree, and live in Denver now. In terms of following the teams, it's not as hard as it seems... now that I have been blogging on the conference for a year, I know most everyone associated with the conference (coaches, reporters, fans, etc) so a lot of the news gets sent to me, or I can find it quickly. Looking through all the teams' message boards to see if there is any news takes 5-10 mins, so it's not too hard to stay plugged in that way.

It helps with writing the articles too, most articles I can write quickly because I already know about the players/teams. I live about an hour from Greeley, so I can see a lot of the teams in person too, which helps. Beyond that, I just try to make the most of my time... wake up early and write, lunch breaks, when I get a free hour in the evening. If I am busy at work I write less, if I am not as busy, I have more time, easy as that. It is a hobby I really enjoy so I just make time for it.

The biggest key of all... an understanding wife!!

Hey, I am an accountant by day. I graduated from UND in Dec 2009 with an accounting degree, and live in Denver now. In terms of following the teams, it's not as hard as it seems... now that I have been blogging on the conference for a year, I know most everyone associated with the conference (coaches, reporters, fans, etc) so a lot of the news gets sent to me, or I can find it quickly. Looking through all the teams' message boards to see if there is any news takes 5-10 mins, so it's not too hard to stay plugged in that way.

It helps with writing the articles too, most articles I can write quickly because I already know about the players/teams. I live about an hour from Greeley, so I can see a lot of the teams in person too, which helps. Beyond that, I just try to make the most of my time... wake up early and write, lunch breaks, when I get a free hour in the evening. If I am busy at work I write less, if I am not as busy, I have more time, easy as that. It is a hobby I really enjoy so I just make time for it.

The biggest key of all... an understanding wife!!

It's clear that when you love something, the product comes out wonderfully.

Bet some of the posters here spend far more time on this board than twins15 does on his blog.