SiouxSports.com Forum

Anyone ever buy a jersey from Vintage Hockey Classics?

JESUS,family,rutgers

I was wondering if any of you ever bought a jersey from a company called Vintage Hockey Classics. I have been looking to find a New Jersey Knights WHA jersey for years and this seems to be the only place. Their ordering process and no phone number make me nervous,though.Their price is kind of high,$140,(of course to me,anything over $25 is too high!). Any info. would be appreciated.

I was wondering if any of you ever bought a jersey from a company called Vintage Hockey Classics. I have been looking to find a New Jersey Knights WHA jersey for years and this seems to be the only place. Their ordering process and no phone number make me nervous,though.Their price is kind of high,$140,(of course to me,anything over $25 is too high!). Any info. would be appreciated.

Can you contact them by email? If so do that and ask as many questions as you can to try and make sure they are legit. Or else maybe try searching "Vintage Hockey Classics reviews" on Google.

I would be very cautious to purchase from there. I haven't done any business with them, but have read a few bad stories about those who have tried. I've heard of orders taking 6+ months and some never receiving their purchase after months of no replies. One person in particular waited many months for their jersey, only to receive the wrong one. He did manage to get a hold of them and offered to send them the correct one, free of charge, as well as keeping the wrong one. He, however, never received the correct order.

Those are just a couple of the stories I remember reading. I came across their site awhile ago myself, and was intrigued, but the unfortunate stories I came across kept me away.

Thanks for the feedback. Do any of you know any good company that sells New Jersey Knights jerseys? I have found places that sell Minnesota Fighting Saints,New England Whalers,Philadelphia Blazers,Chicago Cougars,LA Sharks, and a few other WHA teams,but no luck so far with my childhood team that played in the "unique" Cherry Hill Arena.

I haven't come across any. It depends on how authentic you want it. If you are OK with a replica style that matches logos and striping, but the material, fit, and construction of the jersey aren't that of the time period, then there are places that may create one for you, so long as it is OK to reproduce the logo seen on the crest (since the WHA is defunct, not sure if it would be an issue or not). The problems you run into then are minimums. Most places make you buy a certain amount to make it worth their while, so either absorbing the entire minimum quantity, or finding other buyers would be required. You'd have better luck talking with potential buyers in your area to see if you can get a handful of people to go in on the deal. If you can find someone willing to do a one-off version of it, be prepared to pay for it.

Good luck.