SiouxSports.com Forum

A little help

jloos

Thanks for the info. I had a job interview w/ Andy today. I thought one of them played for the Sioux. I remember watching them play for Shanley when I was a kid. I believe there was seven brothers. There dad John was a Sioux all american in the 50's I believe. I think he played on a Olympic team either 56 or 60. I'm too lazy to look it up.

What does it mean "the last cut"?

It means exactly what it implies. Andy was there until the last day, and was the last person to be cut. The Forum reported that he made the team, but it turned out he did not. You may recall a few years ago when Pat O'Leary was the last cut after he had been on the roster for 2 years.

John Noah was an All-American for the Sioux, and played on the silver medal winning Olympic team in 1960.

It means exactly what it implies. Andy was there until the last day, and was the last person to be cut. The Forum reported that he made the team, but it turned out he did not. You may recall a few years ago when Pat O'Leary was the last cut after he had been on the roster for 2 years.

John Noah was an All-American for the Sioux, and played on the silver medal winning Olympic team in 1960.

USA won the gold in 1960.

John Noah was the Sioux's first all-american ever. From Crookston if I'm not mistaken... He was the one who scored the big goal in the Sioux's first game ever... against national champion Michigan. Noah scored the go-ahead goal with about 46 seconds left to put the Sioux up 6-5. That was a big goal in Sioux history. In fact, if he hadn't scored that goal, UND might not be the powerhouse it is today.

Thanks for the info. I had a job interview w/ Andy today. I thought one of them played for the Sioux. I remember watching them play for Shanley when I was a kid. I believe there was seven brothers. There dad John was a Sioux all american in the 50's I believe. I think he played on a Olympic team either 56 or 60. I'm too lazy to look it up.

Mr. Noah was on the 52' team that won the silver in Oslo.