SiouxSports.com Forum

Fargo Warriors High School Lacrosse

The first high school varsity lacrosse game in North Dakota will be played Friday, April 22, at 5:30 PM at Ed Clapp Park in Fargo. The Fargo Warriors will host Brainerd, MN. The Fargo Warriors are in their first year as a varsity club team playing in the Minnesota Boys Scholastic Lacrosse Association North along with Brainerd, Grand Rapids, Duluth, and St Cloud North. The Fargo Warriors are made up of boys from all the Fargo high schools, West Fargo, Moorhead, Dilworth, and East Grand Forks.

Organizers have asked the NDSU Lacrosse team to be there to cheer on the Warriors, and I would bet there will be players from the Minnesota State University - Moorhead Lacrosse team their as well as both coaches play or have played for MSU - Moorhead. I heard there may even be at least one member of the UND Lacrosse team there as well. They are also working on media coverage to capture this event. Scheels has been a big sponsor of this effort too with the donation of 25 helmets to help the team meet the league uniform standards. These boys have worked hard getting to this point and are very excited to usher this sport into the high school level in North Dakota. If you are in the Fargo area on Friday afternoon, swing over to the field to cheer the boys on!

If you cannot be there Friday, come by on Saturday at 3:00 PM when the Warriors host St Cloud North. For either game, bring your lawn chairs as there is no seating at the field.

For more on the Fargo Warriors Lacrosse Team, check out:

Fargo Lacrosse Club Homepage

Fargo Warriors on MN Lax Hub

The first high school varsity lacrosse game in North Dakota will be played Friday, April 22, at 5:30 PM at Ed Clapp Park in Fargo. The Fargo Warriors will host Brainerd, MN. The Fargo Warriors are in their first year as a varsity club team playing in the Minnesota Boys Scholastic Lacrosse Association North along with Brainerd, Grand Rapids, Duluth, and St Cloud North. The Fargo Warriors are made up of boys from all the Fargo high schools, West Fargo, Moorhead, Dilworth, and East Grand Forks.

Organizers have asked the NDSU Lacrosse team to be there to cheer on the Warriors, and I would bet there will be players from the Minnesota State University - Moorhead Lacrosse team their as well as both coaches play or have played for MSU - Moorhead. I heard there may even be at least one member of the UND Lacrosse team there as well. They are also working on media coverage to capture this event. Scheels has been a big sponsor of this effort too with the donation of 25 helmets to help the team meet the league uniform standards. These boys have worked hard getting to this point and are very excited to usher this sport into the high school level in North Dakota. If you are in the Fargo area on Friday afternoon, swing over to the field to cheer the boys on!

If you cannot be there Friday, come by on Saturday at 3:00 PM when the Warriors host St Cloud North. For either game, bring your lawn chairs as there is no seating at the field.

For more on the Fargo Warriors Lacrosse Team, check out:

Fargo Lacrosse Club Homepage

Fargo Warriors on MN Lax Hub

Congrats on the historic occasion!

Are most of the lax players also hockey players? Do they think it helps their hockey skills?

Congrats on the historic occasion!

Are most of the lax players also hockey players? Do they think it helps their hockey skills?

I don't know all the boys yet but judging by the amount of kids that started practices wearing hockey helmets and other gear, I'd say at least 2/3 of the team also plays hockey.

Even though they to not play on skates, it has enough similarities that I believe it helps with understanding body control and hand eye coordination. I like it because it keeps the kids moving during the hockey off season and gets them away from the rink so as not to get burned out on hockey.

First game is in the books! It was played in continual rain and even though the field is in a well drained area with a nice crown to it, it was a swampy mess. The boys lost 18-2 but had a blast and gained valuable experience. Next game is today against St Cloud North in Fargo.

Here are a couple articles from the Fargo Forum and Grand Forks Herald about the game:

Fargo Forum

Grand Forks Herald

• 3 weeks later...

The Fargo Warriors earned their first win on Sunday, May 8th, at the Grand Rapids, MN Lacrosse Shootout. Fargo defeated White Bear Lake 7-6 in their 5th and final game at the tournament.

Earlier in the day Fargo nearly got it's first win against Grand Rapids but it slipped at way late in the 4th quarter and Grand Rapids went on to win 7-6.

Besides the win, the other highlight for the Warriors was Tanner Lindstrom scored 9 goals in the two games on Sunday, 5 against Grand Rapids and 4, including the game winner, against White Bear Lake. That brings his season total to 13 goals good for the team lead and ties him for 10th in goals scored in the Minnesota Boys Scholastic Lacrosse Association.

Fargo's record is now 1-10-0. The finish up their regular season next week in Brainerd where they play Duluth and Brainerd on Saturday, May 21st and Grand Rapids on Sunday the 22nd. Then they travel from Brainerd down to Sartell to take on St Cloud North in the final game. The outlook after that will they will face Grand Rapids again either 31 May or 1 Jun in the North Division Play-in game, winner goes to the state tournament as the North #4 seed.