SiouxSports.com Forum

Fan Hobey vote

YaneA

When do they announce the final three?

official announcement from hobeybakeraward.com:

"The Hobey Hat Trick of three finalists will be announced on March 31, 2011 and the Hobey Baker Award winner will be announced Friday, April 8, 2011 from the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minn., during the NCAA Frozen Four. The announcement will be aired live on ESPNU at 6:00 p.m. CT"

official announcement from hobeybakeraward.com:

"The Hobey Hat Trick of three finalists will be announced on March 31, 2011 and the Hobey Baker Award winner will be announced Friday, April 8, 2011 from the Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul, Minn., during the NCAA Frozen Four. The announcement will be aired live on ESPNU at 6:00 p.m. CT"

Matt Frattin is the last Hobey candidate standing. He takes a 15-game point streak to the X.

Not actually. Jack Connolly and UMD play at the Frozen as well.

Oh, jeez. The Herald has it wrong & UMD fans won't let me hear the end of it. Many apologies for my trusting ignorance.

Here's what the Herald said:"Just as UND is the only top seed left standing, its best player is the only leading candidate for the Hobey Baker Award left playing."

If Duluth feels slighted because Connolly is a LEADING candidate, their argument is with the Herald, not me--now, anyway

Oh, jeez. The Herald has it wrong & UMD fans won't let me hear the end of it. Many apologies for my trusting ignorance.

Here's what the Herald said:"Just as UND is the only top seed left standing, its best player is the only leading candidate for the Hobey Baker Award left playing."

If Duluth feels slighted because Connolly is a LEADING candidate, their argument is with the Herald, not me--now, anyway

With all due respect to Duluth fans, the reality is Jack Connolly is not considered one of the front runners for the award. He's a deserving finalist, but I don't see him making the top 3, mainly because there's that looming question: is he the best player on his team? Before the tourney started, I believe the candidates with a shot at the Hobey were Frattin, Miele, Atkinson, Thompson, and Camper. But yeah, the Herald goofed on that.