SiouxSports.com Forum

Problem with NCAA Pick 'Em Bracket Login

Air Force One

I am having a problem with the system accepting my login on the NCAA Ice Hockey Tournament Bracket Challenge.

Every time I try to save my picks, it says my password is invalid.

Are you talking the pick'em on INCH? Thats been down for over a week now.

• Upvote 1

I was am having the same problem witht he one on this site.

Short version... there were some problems in the past with passwords or usernames that contain non-alphabetic/non-numeric characters. I'll get in touch with each of you by PM to investigate further.

Long version (more technical)... leveraging the forum login required me to try to duplicate its password handling. It does some odd encoding that required me to put in some patches to deal with a few common punctuation marks in usernames (! and > come to mind). At the beginning of this week I tried to replace that code with the exact code from the forum software, which should have actually made all such problems go away (and did solve the problems for the specific users I was testing with), but certainly could have introduced some other problems. I'll review the code myself, and get in touch with the affected people.