SiouxSports.com Forum

Tonight I'm going to Celebrate but

Fetch

I think the next step should be to keep the momentum & everyone bombard the NCAA with emails - Being nice for now & in a respectable way ask them to see the positives in this - Many positives have been listed in the other threads

I really don't think anyone has seriously (nicely) ask them to re-consider & now that we have the State behind this - it is time to rethink it all

Awhile back I mentioned a way to compromise - I can see dropping the Fighting part of Fighting Sioux as a way to compromise - I seriously doubt it will ever go away with the true Fans but maybe officially it would be OK with me ? ? ?

It's worth a try if it can settle this once & for all

http://www.grandforksherald.com/event/article/id/196469/

You were saying.........

Time to wind up the obvious for the NC$$ and publicize it. Namely, the Surrender Agreement was intended to be a vehicle allowing the people of SR and SL to express a vote on UND's retention of the nickname and logo. SR, one of the groups the agreement was drafted to benefit, would approve but they are being cynically prevented from doing so and the NC$$ could care less. Pretty hypocritical but that's par for the course for the NC$$.

yeah I saw that & again a typical immediate reply from a spokesperson - I bet the Governor & Wrigley can speak their language - why does everything have to be sue & $$$ & Win / Lose - there is always a possible Win/ Win

we will drop Fighting & they (NCAA) accept we have our nearest Sioux Tribes approval & the circumstances about Standing Rock & that the vast majority of us are willing to fight this to the end

This could be substantiated by a referral vote showing Sioux County approved the name

It would also be a respectful time to offer both tribes 1/2 of the proceeds of sales of Sioux Logo merchandise - Win / Win / Win

I edited it - they = NCAA

end = Law Suits & headaches & heartbreak & bad feelings & $$$ = Lose / Lose

Remember this could get so nasty - If we got all of our Politicians & best legal minds involved & depending on how we sue - it could open the door to hurting the NCAA's Non Profit status (?) they are no longer just fighting the Fans (what the He!!........ & the wimpy SBOHE & UND Admin.) When the Governor makes this State Law

I edited it - they = NCAA

end = Law Suits & headaches & heartbreak & bad feelings & $$$ = Lose / Lose

Remember this could get so nasty - If we got all of our Politicians & best legal minds involved & depending on how we sue - it could open the door to hurting the NCAA's Non Profit status (?) they are no longer just fighting the Fans (what the He!!........ & the wimpy SBOHE & UND Admin.) When the Governor makes this State Law

I agree. The doomsdayers desperately did not want this to pass. As many have pointed out, the worst thing that would happen is that UND would be on the "sanctions" list. We should still pressure the Governor to sign the Bill and then pressure Hoeven and Berg to do something at the national level.