SiouxSports.com Forum

2011 Frozen Four Tickets

I've been trying to figure out how to purchase ticket packages for the 2011 Frozen Four at the Xcel center in St Paul but have run into a number of issues and I was hoping someone can give me some insight into how this works. According the the NCAA website, the frozen four is sold out. I spoke with Ticketmaster and they told me that the ticket packages for the frozen four have not yet gone on sale and the onsale date has not yet been announced. I've also found some ticket packages for sale on websites such as stubhub.com and similar but the prices they are asking for the pakages are absolutely rediculous and they aren't even good seats. I live in Minneapolis and really want to make the frozen four this year to see the Sioux kick some butt so any insight you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I don't even know what the face value of a ticket package is so I want to make sure I don't over pay. I also don't want to rely on ticketmaster telling me that they haven't gone on sale yet and then I miss out on going completely. All I know is that I am not going to pay $400+ per person/per package for upperbowl nosebleed seats when I can't even find out what the face value is. This is exactly why I hate sites such as stubhub because they allow businesses to purchase large amounts of tickets and then scalp them for rediculous prices, I simply don't agree with this practice. PLEASE HELP!!! I don't want to get scammed on this.

The Frozen Four is a sell out. The tickets are sold just about a year in advance. Typically, if you want Frozen Four tickets for 2012, you need to get in your application by April 30 of this year, including full payment. That being said, there are people that buy tickets every year in order to maintain their seniority in the ticket line. The longer you purchase Frozen Four tickets, the higher your priority. That means that there will be tickets available once teams are eliminated in the regionals. You will see tickets posted on any number of sites. The prices will depend upon who is going. There are people who go to the Frozen Four every year, whether their favorite team is there or not. If the Sioux are in the Frozen Four this year, prices will be high because Sioux fans will push up the demand. If neither the Sioux nor the Gophers are in it, demand will be lower. And if UNO, UMD, and WI aren't in it, demand will be really low. Those are my expectations. Face value for the ticket packages was $195 including the processing fee through the NCAA.

If the Sioux are in it, you will need to find tickets immediately because they will be snapped up very quickly. And expect to pay more than face value.

Now, immediately after the semi-final games people from the losing teams will be trying to unload their championship games tickets outside the arena. If all else fails, that is a time you can get tickets for the big game. You will be competing with the scalpers to buy those tickets, but if you are quick you might be successful. Of course, you have to be there in person to do that.

Now, after all of that, I do have one ticket for sale at face value if you are a Sioux fan. :)

I've been trying to figure out how to purchase ticket packages for the 2011 Frozen Four at the Xcel center in St Paul but have run into a number of issues and I was hoping someone can give me some insight into how this works. According the the NCAA website, the frozen four is sold out. I spoke with Ticketmaster and they told me that the ticket packages for the frozen four have not yet gone on sale and the onsale date has not yet been announced. I've also found some ticket packages for sale on websites such as stubhub.com and similar but the prices they are asking for the pakages are absolutely rediculous and they aren't even good seats. I live in Minneapolis and really want to make the frozen four this year to see the Sioux kick some butt so any insight you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I don't even know what the face value of a ticket package is so I want to make sure I don't over pay. I also don't want to rely on ticketmaster telling me that they haven't gone on sale yet and then I miss out on going completely. All I know is that I am not going to pay $400+ per person/per package for upperbowl nosebleed seats when I can't even find out what the face value is. This is exactly why I hate sites such as stubhub because they allow businesses to purchase large amounts of tickets and then scalp them for rediculous prices, I simply don't agree with this practice. PLEASE HELP!!! I don't want to get scammed on this.

The tickets are awarded in a lottery system. Your entry into this system is due the June(I believe?) before the season starts. They will issue the ticket packages this month. Until they are issued, nobody even knows where their seats are. This is the only way to purchase tickets first hand that I know of. Tickets are awarded in a priority level, based on how many years you have gotten tickets.

The best bet is to use a forum like this one, or theticket forum on USCHO.com to find tickets. I have purchased tickets for 2 different Frozen Fours this way at face value. Once was 5 rows up behind the goalie and the other was club level seating.

Edit: See answer above for better, more detailed information. ;)

Edited by RedFrog

The Frozen Four is a sell out. The tickets are sold just about a year in advance. Typically, if you want Frozen Four tickets for 2012, you need to get in your application by April 30 of this year, including full payment. That being said, there are people that buy tickets every year in order to maintain their seniority in the ticket line. The longer you purchase Frozen Four tickets, the higher your priority. That means that there will be tickets available once teams are eliminated in the regionals. You will see tickets posted on any number of sites. The prices will depend upon who is going. There are people who go to the Frozen Four every year, whether their favorite team is there or not. If the Sioux are in the Frozen Four this year, prices will be high because Sioux fans will push up the demand. If neither the Sioux nor the Gophers are in it, demand will be lower. And if UNO, UMD, and WI aren't in it, demand will be really low. Those are my expectations. Face value for the ticket packages was $195 including the processing fee through the NCAA.

If the Sioux are in it, you will need to find tickets immediately because they will be snapped up very quickly. And expect to pay more than face value.

Now, immediately after the semi-final games people from the losing teams will be trying to unload their championship games tickets outside the arena. If all else fails, that is a time you can get tickets for the big game. You will be competing with the scalpers to buy those tickets, but if you are quick you might be successful. Of course, you have to be there in person to do that.

Now, after all of that, I do have one ticket for sale at face value if you are a Sioux fan. :)