SiouxSports.com Forum

TV Coachs Show

dickgraham

It has always seemed idiotic to me that the football and basketball programs have a TV coachs show but the flagship program in the Sioux athletic dept has none.  I know that there is a radio show but it is not broadcast region wide. One can turn their TVs on and see the Don Lucia show or the Jeff Sauer show or the Craig Dahl show but the most successful program in the WCHA has nothing!

When this question has been rasied before, I've always heard the same thing: Blais doesn't want to be a TV star.

I don't know how much truth there is to that--it's just what " everybody says."

That kind of makes sense to me.  Lucia must spend half of his day in the studio, seeing as how he does the Gopher Ticket, interviews, and commercials.  It just seems like too much, and they're over-commercializing the MN program.  It's about winning, not smiling pretty for the camera, Don.

You gotta remember the Mpls market for Don is much bigger than in GF so there are many more opportunities AND demand for Lucia to make appearances.

And right now you can't be too critical of the gophers play.  Tonite they took apart SCSU.  These guys are for real.