SiouxSports.com Forum

SD Mines Game

UND Fan

I am watching tonight's game. Right now we are down by 5 with 4 minutes to go in the first half. It is interesting how much more crisply Mines works their offense than UND. Their offense creates shots (good shots) - it certainly does not appear to me that our offense does this often at all.

One other observation (I will break my own rule of not commenting about individual players). I am certain that Benter has missed more shots within 4 feet of the basket than anyone in UND's men's BB history. I don't say that in jest - I have watched UND BB for many, many years and there is no one who has missed more inside shots. He actually moves pretty well under the bucket but he just can't finish it off by making the shot!

We are down by four at half - we may be talking about another inexcusable loss here tomorrow.

Ugly game but a win at least. The mines played very well and shot lights out for most of the game. The entire game all I was hoping for was a win and we got that. Looked like a team that had not played in 10 days. Mitchell hit big shots in the last couple of minutes. We need him to do this more often. Another good game from Brekke and Huff. Too many charges by the young guards. This is the 13th game and they continue to drive to deep and try to shoot over the trees. Anderson must realize he is 5 feet nothing.

I am watching tonight's game. Right now we are down by 5 with 4 minutes to go in the first half. It is interesting how much more crisply Mines works their offense than UND. Their offense creates shots (good shots) - it certainly does not appear to me that our offense does this often at all.

One other observation (I will break my own rule of not commenting about individual players). I am certain that Benter has missed more shots within 4 feet of the basket than anyone in UND's men's BB history. I don't say that in jest - I have watched UND BB for many, many years and there is no one who has missed more inside shots. He actually moves pretty well under the bucket but he just can't finish it off by making the shot!

We are down by four at half - we may be talking about another inexcusable loss here tomorrow.

We outscored Mines by 9-10 over the last 3-4 minutes to win by 9. Mines looked like a pretty decent team - they led the vast majority of the game. We shot the "3" very well in the 2nd half.

But they also lost by 20 to Black Hills and Sioux Falls, and probably are a middle-of-the-pack team in the DAC. Just when I thought we were playing better (Wisconsin - Green Bay).

obviously the mines are an up and down team just like us. They were up to South Dakota and only lost by 11 and up against us and lost by 9. Its basketball and you will have nights like this, but fortunately we won and thats all that counts. UND came thru at the end when they needed to and that hasnt happened much this year with this young team.