SiouxSports.com Forum

Landry Out

SooToo

I know most people have been raving about davis speech at the luncheon but did any of you hear landry's interview on the pregame radio broadcast?

It was also very good. He talked about how much it meant to him to be a sioux, for this community and university. How it had given him so much that he was going to give it everything he had in that game after his injury, knowing that he was probably done for his career. You can never question the toughness and dedication of this young man.

I know jake personally and I have felt bad for him at times when he has gotten beaten up on this message board. Yes, he was erratic at times, locked on to receivers, and missed open throws. But he also provided a lot to this university and program, coming in at GVSU, last year taking the team to Tech and playing respectably, taking the team to within one win of a division I conference championship(@davis). I will also never forget his run last year, against poly?, where he refused to go down and ended up scoring a TD.

Jake is and has been a great representative of Fighting Sioux Football during his time here both on and off the field. Thank you Jake, and all the other seniors for giving up the chance to play for a national championship and coming to a university that you loved. You have represented all of us, community and former sioux in a good manner.

I will be at the last game as Fighting Sioux and beg (even though I shouldn't have to) the rest of you to come out and support our young men.