SiouxSports.com Forum

Please pray for Rutgers player

JESUS,family,rutgers

For those of you who may be interested, Eric has recently gained substantial movement in his neck and shoulders. He has an electric wheelchair that he moves himself with an attachment that is moved by his tongue. He will be taking two classes via computer from a relatives' home that has more open space than his Mom's home. Eric has said that he hopes to get into sports broadcasting someday.Many fundarisers are being held to raise funds for him--everything from bowling,pro sports autograph sessions,sewing,concerts,walks,T-shirts sales,bake sales, and motorcycle runs. Please keep praying and believing.

BELIEVE 52 ERIC LEGRAND

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Eric has written an article about his situation in Sports Illustrated.I wish we all had his endless supply of optimism (I hope the link works)--http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/football/ncaa/10/13/eric.legrand/index.html?sct=hp_wr_a1&eref=sihp

Eric has written an article about his situation in Sports Illustrated.I wish we all had his endless supply of optimism (I hope the link works)--http://sportsillustr...wr_a1&eref=sihp

Read that article this morning - very impressed by his attitude towards the whole situation. Hopefully he is able to continue his recovery and some day actually walk :)

• 2 months later...

Eric was able to sit up for about a half-minute the other day.That may not seem like a lot,but it is another big improvement.--He will be on the front cover of Sports Illustrated in the issue that comes out later this week. What a Christmas present for him and his family!

• 3 months later...