SiouxSports.com Forum

New Poll on Conference choices

star2city

Should UND athletics pursue a WAC bid?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. What schools do you prefer as rivals?

• Montana / Montana St
    • South Dakota / South Dakota St
  2. 2. Which group is preferred as rival schools?

• Oakland / IUPUI / IPFW / W Illinois
    • UCDavis / Cal Poly / Sac St / San Jose St
  3. 3. What conference do you prefer for UND?

• WAC at FBS with Montana schools
    • WAC at FCS with Montana schools
    • Check out both WAC and Summit
    • Summit is only real choice
    • DII, but Summit is new NCC anyway
    • Other

Two points:

1 - if the WAC does come calling to the state of North Dakota, I do think they will invite both NDSU and UND -- it's going to take a complete collapse to get to this point (BYU does not join WAC, Utah State leaves, Hawaii goes independent, La Tech leaves at a minimum and New Mexico State might have to leave too...)

2 - if the WAC does invite NDSU and UND - depending on who is going to be in the new conference... I think both school should try to make it work. With the NCAA likely to make new rules requiring that to move up to FBS you have to be invited from an established FBS conference (or maybe this is already confirmed?) it could be at least a generation before either school gets another chance to move up to the bowl level. When opportunities like that come by, you either jump on the train or watch it pass you by...

Two points:

1 - if the WAC does come calling to the state of North Dakota, I do think they will invite both NDSU and UND -- it's going to take a complete collapse to get to this point (BYU does not join WAC, Utah State leaves, Hawaii goes independent, La Tech leaves at a minimum and New Mexico State might have to leave too...)

2 - if the WAC does invite NDSU and UND - depending on who is going to be in the new conference... I think both school should try to make it work. With the NCAA likely to make new rules requiring that to move up to FBS you have to be invited from an established FBS conference (or maybe this is already confirmed?) it could be at least a generation before either school gets another chance to move up to the bowl level. When opportunities like that come by, you either jump on the train or watch it pass you by...

You and I don't agree very often but, today, we are on the same page.