SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux fans in Mankato

siouxnami

20 members have voted

1. 1. This is...

• ...funny
    • ...sad
    • ...beer me

In my life as an elected official I got to talking with a high up city official from Mankato yesterday. As is so often the case we talked a little about hockey. We agreed that North Dakota's fans travel in amazing number, given the size of Grand Forks. He said that UND and the gophers both fill up the town. The next thing he said is that when North Dakota is there alcohol receipts and trips to detox go through the roof... I laughed and thought that was probably accurate. :p

In my life as an elected official I got to talking with a high up city official from Mankato yesterday. As is so often the case we talked a little about hockey. We agreed that North Dakota's fans travel in amazing number, given the size of Grand Forks. He said that UND and the gophers both fill up the town. The next thing he said is that when North Dakota is there alcohol receipts and trips to detox go through the roof... I laughed and thought that was probably accurate. :p

Not sure about the detox thing, as I have never seen any UND fans THAT drunk in Mankato, but yep, we have a fun time down there.

Couple of reasons:

1-We almost always see a Sioux win or two

2-Hotels and bars are right by the arena, so it gives people the green light to drink more because they know all they have to do is stumble back to their hotel room

3-We are away from home, the wives, the job, etc, so it is like a middle age "hockey spring break"! Gotta let loose!

Did he say what colors the people going to detox are usually wearing? For all the beatings the Sioux have laid on the Mavs down there I would guess many of the Mavs fans are relegated to drinking themselves into stupors when the Sioux come to town! :lol: