SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux vs Texas Tech Blog

GeauxSioux

FightingSioux.com has started a blog for the Texas Tech game with a live chat tomorrow. Linkage.

Check out this page over the next 36 hours for an update on the University of North Dakota football team, as the Fighting Sioux take on Texas Tech on Sept. 5 at 6 p.m. We'll be updating this page with notes from the road, videos and photos. Hopefully, we'll find some good times and solid Internet connections. You can also follow our notes via Twitter @UNDfootball (http://twitter.com/UNDfootball for those on on Twitter yet).

Go Sioux!!! Roll the Raiders!!

Can anyone tell me the significance of "Roll the Raiders"? Is it just somethnig ya'll started saying for the Tech game or is it a standard UND yell, like "Roll the Bison" or "Roll the Gophers"? I've never heared the phrase and I'm curious about it. Thanks.

There is no historical significance. It's brand new and my guess is it was first used just because of the alliteration. Roll the Raiders sounds good. Rolling another school with a nickname that doesn't start with R doesn't fit quite as well. But who knows. Maybe it will catch on, especially if UND finds a way to win. :silly:

There will be a live game-day thread over at Double T Nation tomorrow as well. Any Sioux fans are welcome to join in there if you like. You have to register to post comments, but that's about it. (To my knowledge, it's the only Tech site that doesn't charge a fee to see all the articles, etc.) We're just a bunch of Tech fans (mostly alums and students) and are generally pretty nice guys and gals.

http://www.doubletnation.com/

Can anyone tell me the significance of "Roll the Raiders"? Is it just somethnig ya'll started saying for the Tech game or is it a standard UND yell, like "Roll the Bison" or "Roll the Gophers"? I've never heared the phrase and I'm curious about it. Thanks.

Hey RM...The only way we're going to "roll the raiders" is THIS WAY!!! Dude - "You've been RICKROLLED!!!!":silly:

let me explain via the always reliable Wikipedia...

RickROLLED explained

So - now that you know that...when we say we're going to "roll the raiders" :blush: it means we're going to trick you into clicking an internet link like this...

Hell yeah! TEXAS TECH ROCKS!!!!!

whereupon you will officially have been "RICKROLLED" and you're forced to watch this hideous, and lets not evade the issue here GAY, video - and WE, in some small way, will feel like we've exacted some sort of internet revenge on you rubes from Texas although you just beat us by 50 points on the football field...please pass the link on to your friends so, AT LEAST, we can feel a little better about ourselves here - thanks also for the participation on SS.com RaiderMan - we've enjoyed it! ???

SiouxMeNo, you're killing me. I'm definitely LMAO. I must be tired and a little buzzed. Until tomorrow. ???

aren't we all buddy? AREN'T WE ALL?? :silly: You're welcome here at SS.com anytime:D - hey game on no matter how it goes! It's going to be fun regardless!

(PS - don't forget to check out the "TT RULES!" thread to be posted about 24 hours from now :blush: ...just a little "heads up" for ya! If you could arrange to send me up some real Texas BBQ - I would consider it a fair trade ???)