SiouxSports.com Forum

WELCOME TO LUBBOCK!

Raider Red

Great writeup! All respect goes out to the Red Raider fans, they put on quite a show. I was stationed down in S. Georgia for 4 months and had the opportunity to take in the Gator Bowl between Texas Tech and Virginia in Jacksonville. Great turnout by the fans of Texas Tech, their fans won me over before the game even started, and I was wearing red before the 2nd quarter. They played one exciting game, with making quite a turnaround and winning it at the very end. Texas Tech is ok in my book, way to be classy Red Raider Nation. Just for fun, heres some pictures from the game;

DSC01857.jpg

DSC01867.jpg

DSC01889.jpg

DSC01900.jpg

DSC01911.jpg

DSC01917.jpg

DSC01921.jpg

DSC01924.jpg

DSC01929.jpg

DSC01932.jpg

Great writeup! All respect goes out to the Red Raider fans, they put on quite a show. I was stationed down in S. Georgia for 4 months and had the opportunity to take in the Gator Bowl between Texas Tech and Virginia in Jacksonville. Great turnout by the fans of Texas Tech, their fans won me over before the game even started, and I was wearing red before the 2nd quarter. They played one exciting game, with making quite a turnaround and winning it at the very end. Texas Tech is ok in my book, way to be classy Red Raider Nation. Just for fun, heres some pictures from the game;

DSC01857.jpg

DSC01867.jpg

DSC01889.jpg

DSC01900.jpg

DSC01911.jpg

DSC01917.jpg

DSC01921.jpg

DSC01924.jpg

DSC01929.jpg

DSC01932.jpg

WOW, I was at that game as well. I am one of those sick ones that goes to all the games home or away. Anyway, I was so surprised to see so many UVA fans leave. You never leave untill the final gun with Tech. Tech can score quick and it happened in that game.

We usually have a large following on the road. It is funny this year we are on the road vs the University of Houston and their officials have stopped selling single game tickets for that game due to the fact Tech fans were buying up all the tickets. So now you have to buy season tickets for that game to get in. Well several of my buddies have bought season tickets. It is crazy. Thanks for the great share of pics. And welcome as a new member to the Red Raider Nation!!!

I went to the Gator Bowl too. Didn't enjoy most of the game but loved the ending. Attended it with a long-time friend who graduated from Stephen F. Austin Univ. (SFA) and was stationed in Pensacola. We had a blast. The Va fans were very, very arrogant for most of the game and especially at halftime. They ignored our warnings to sit tight until the final gun. I loved watching their "perp walk" out of our section when Tech hit that winning field goal. That was so satisfying.