SiouxSports.com Forum

Poll Position?

Brasco

I know the polls aren't the most important thing but it still surprises me that DU remains ahead of us.

Records begining with the DU @ UND series:

DU 5-4-2

UND 7-1-2 with UND getting 3 of 4 points from DU

Who knew winning less then half of your recent games would keep you in the top 5?

I know the polls aren't the most important thing but it still surprises me that DU remains ahead of us.

Records begining with the DU @ UND series:

DU 5-4-2

UND 7-1-2 with UND getting 3 of 4 points from DU

Who knew winning less then half of your recent games would keep you in the top 5?

I think their win against Notre Dame is keeping them higher.

I would agree with Goon.

I've noticed over the past couple of seasons that nearing playoff time the voters on the USCHO poll (coaches, journalists, scouts who actually follow college hockey unlike whoever the hell votes in the USA Today poll) tend to vote in correlation to the PWR, for at least the top 5 spots. I think at this time of the year the pollsters take that ranking into consideration when they vote and thus they seem to resemble one another more. It's how many BU fans will defend their current # 1 ranking to Notre Dame fans. Notre Dame has more wins and a better winning %, but BU is tops in the PWR, KRACH, and has a better SOS.