SiouxSports.com Forum

Dish TV that you can watch Sioux Hoceky on in Fargo?

phriq

Hey Everyone,

So I live in Fargo, ND and currently am getting cable and digital cable through Cable One. I am not a fan of Cable One at all and am moving to a new place over the next two weekends. I really want to go to a Dish TV network (direct tv, dish network, etc..),however, I worry I won't be able to get the Fighting Sioux Sports Network if I do this. Do any of you who live in Fargo have Dish TV and know for SURE that you can get Sioux hockey games? If you can, which provider, package, and channel does FSSN come on? Thanks!

I'm not sure about this, since I have been a DirecTV subscriber for about 15+ years, but I think only the cable companies (Midco and Cable One) will carry FSSN.

As of yesterday, we are signed up to switch to Dish. DirecTV will offer a free HD DVR to new customers, but someone that has been with them for 15 years has to pay $199 for it. We will now get 2 HD DVR's and another regular receiver, a better program package with more channels and will now be paying less $$$.

Still no FSSN though :lol:

I live in rural Thompson, so have no option to change to Midco to get FSSN.

I'm not sure about this, since I have been a DirecTV subscriber for about 15+ years, but I think only the cable companies (Midco and Cable One) will carry FSSN.

As of yesterday, we are signed up to switch to Dish. DirecTV will offer a free HD DVR to new customers, but someone that has been with them for 15 years has to pay $199 for it. We will now get 2 HD DVR's and another regular receiver, a better program package with more channels and will now be paying less $$$.

Still no FSSN though :lol:

I live in rural Thompson, so have no option to change to Midco to get FSSN.

Thanks for the information. I heard that you cannot get midco in Fargo, just West Fargo? You said your switching to Direct TV, do you know any of the prices and what not or any of what they offer? I do get SiouXtra, so I could watch the games online if need be. I just really would rather get them through TV.

You should get a FTA sattelite system through PSB...he will help you with whatever you need....

http://www.psbsatellite.com/

There are many networks available in addition to FSSN...

If you have a plasma/LCD with a PC input, you could hook your computer up to your TV and watch it that way, that's what I do. Not the greatest quality, but it works. It will work if you have an s-video out on your computer also. The FTA satelite system is near HD quality.

You should get a FTA sattelite system through PSB...he will help you with whatever you need....

http://www.psbsatellite.com/

There are many networks available in addition to FSSN...

If you have a plasma/LCD with a PC input, you could hook your computer up to your TV and watch it that way, that's what I do. Not the greatest quality, but it works. It will work if you have an s-video out on your computer also. The FTA satelite system is near HD quality.

I am not sure what this is.. do they offer TV? or just satellite dishes where you need to find other networks? Maybe we can just start a petition to get FSSN to broadcast in HD over the web :lol:

Thanks for the information. I heard that you cannot get midco in Fargo, just West Fargo? You said your switching to Direct TV, do you know any of the prices and what not or any of what they offer? I do get SiouXtra, so I could watch the games online if need be. I just really would rather get them through TV.

We are switching to Dish, but I'm not sure of the final price. Mr. Siouxmama did all the negotiating.

Like Bob mentioned above, the FTA systems are good to have, too. You can get FSSN with that.

I am not sure what this is.. do they offer TV? or just satellite dishes where you need to find other networks? Maybe we can just start a petition to get FSSN to broadcast in HD over the web :lol:

There are a few old threads on the topic that should help you out. For now, you'll probably just have to stick with the Siouxtra package...unless your new satelitte won't require you to bury the line. After the ground thaws, you can weigh your options. If you go with DirecTV or Dish Network, get the sports package...often you will get regional hockey games (next weekend's Denver game will probably be on FSN Rocky Mountain)

http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?showtopic=2496

http://forum.siouxsports.com/index.php?showtopic=11119