SiouxSports.com Forum

Super Saturday in the NHL

mikeypat15

Check out NHL.com they did a great feature with Super Saturday with a look of a ton of stuff that goes on at hockey games around the league.

I know some of you frown upon it, but the NHL did a feature on the Hawks National Anthem for today, I recommend checking out the story and the video.

Story

Video

"I think back to my dad taking me to Chicago Stadium when I was a kid. (The anthem) was so loud it hurt," Blackhawks fan Ryan Comerford recalled. "I don't think the anthem is something that always has to be heard and taken in some sort of solemn reverence. I cheer because I love my country."

I think back to my dad taking me to Chicago Stadium when I was a kid. (The anthem) was so loud it hurt," Blackhawks fan Ryan Comerford recalled. "I don't think the anthem is something that always has to be heard and taken in some sort of solemn reverence. I cheer because I love my country."

Fell the roar. My friends went to a playoff game between the Leafs and the Blackhawks in the old stadium and I guess the roar of the crowd was pretty impressive.