SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux in the Big Sky Conference?

undchris

I was just curious as to everyone's thoughts.

What kind of chance does UND and USD have with making it into the Big Sky conference when their 4 year hiatus is done in DI football (hopefully all sports).

Or do you guys think that the MVAC is a better fit?

Judging from the Big Sky's past expansion patterns and from the western opposition from Sac St. and Portland St., I'd the chances are extremely remote.

My bet is that UND will continue to court the Summit League, and the Great West will likely be our football home for many years to come, barring any major shake-ups.

Judging from the Big Sky's past expansion patterns and from the western opposition from Sac St. and Portland St., I'd the chances are extremely remote.

My bet is that UND will continue to court the Summit League, and the Great West will likely be our football home for many years to come, barring any major shake-ups.

I guess my question to you about the GWFC is that when the NCAA lifts the mortarium on schools making the jump up to DI, do you think we'll land another 3 or 4 quality teams to complete out the GWFC and get an auto berth (with the conference title)?

Ahh I was going to add that I saw somewhere online that the GWFC is actually a better power ranking than the Big Sky for football. Have you seen that somewhere too? (Dang I can't remember where I saw that)