SiouxSports.com Forum

UND Defensive Backfield

UND Fan

Does anyone know Otto's status for this weekend? It will be a scary Saturday without him.

What about Saporu? I was one that agreed that he should redshirt but, if he is healthy, we need him. On a related note, Saporu has a brother who is supposed to be a real stud. I wonder if we have a chance of landing him.

Does anyone know if Justin Belotti (the transfer from Mankato) has seen any action yet? Supposedly, he is quite talented although I had understood that he started as a true freshman last year but, per his bio, he appeared in only five games and made three tackles.

Does anyone know Otto's status for this weekend? It will be a scary Saturday without him.

What about Saporu? I was one that agreed that he should redshirt but, if he is healthy, we need him. On a related note, Saporu has a brother who is supposed to be a real stud. I wonder if we have a chance of landing him.

Does anyone know if Justin Belotti (the transfer from Mankato) has seen any action yet? Supposedly, he is quite talented although I had understood that he started as a true freshman last year but, per his bio, he appeared in only five games and made three tackles.

I'm sure the prognosis for Otto and Saporu will be discussed on the coaches' show tomorrow night, but I haven't heard anything yet. Regarding Belotti, I believe he has to sit out this year due to the transfer up. At least, I seem to recall reading that in the article "marlins" wrote.

I'm sure the prognosis for Otto and Saporu will be discussed on the coaches' show tomorrow night, but I haven't heard anything yet. Regarding Belotti, I believe he has to sit out this year due to the transfer up. At least, I seem to recall reading that in the article "marlins" wrote.

You are correct about Belotti. I was wrong in my thinking that you didn't have to sit out a year if you transferred "up".

Mussman just said, and I'm paraphrasing, "the injury situation doesn't look it will be better until the Western Washington game." In other words, we probably shouldn't look for Otto and/or Saporu this week. :silly:

Ouch! That one is gonna hurt!

I hope that they will step up and be ready to play. Hopefully it'll at least be a close game! ;)

I think Otto will play...they've got 2 weeks off after this so why not take a shot. And geez - give the young guys a break! Could you run your *ss up and down the field play after play and stick right with your guy for every play? Dominique and Kenny are inexperienced but they're not without talent AND ENERGY - remember - every receiver they cover has to run up and down the field too and that takes something out of them too. DS is another story...he's week to week so maybe you need to give him a medical redshirt now and say "seeya next season..."