SiouxSports.com Forum

I respectfully decline

Blackheart

Hey... I never used the term "fair weather fan". A fair weather fan, the way I understand the definition, is one who supports only a winning team. I supported Sioux football through the entire decade of the '80s in which they never beat NDSU and never qualified for the D2 playoffs.

Maybe the better term would be casual fans then?

When I hear the term casual fan I think of somebody who watches maybe one or two game a year and probably buys very little if any merchandise/memorabilia. That isn't me. I consider myself to be a pretty hardcore fanatic. I think maybe the term you're looking for is non-alums?

No. I'm looking for the word for fans who buy season tickets as a status item only. They show up to games and socialize rather than watch the games.

• 2 months later...
I support the University of North Dakota.

Consider:

- there was a UND without Aero; there is one with

- there was a UND before Tom Clifford; there is one after

- there is Athletics today; there will be tomorrow

- there was a UND with an old moniker (Flickertails, blech); there is one with a new one (Sioux)

If all you know about UND is athletics I feel sorry for you. You are missing so much.

UND is an institution that will come out of this stronger, no matter the outcome.

yes, some people are missing a lot. :D