SiouxSports.com Forum

Josh Murray

GeauxSioux

I have been pleasantly impressed with Josh Murray. I was with the group who thought that there would be a step down in rushing yards with the loss of Chappell this year. Obviously Murray has proven to be a workhorse that can carry more than his load for this team.

Great game against Idaho State, Josh. Keep it going next week in Hammond.

I have been pleasantly impressed with Josh Murray. I was with the group who thought that there would be a step down in rushing yards with the loss of Chappell this year. Obviously Murray has proven to be a workhorse that can carry more than his load for this team.

Great game against Idaho State, Josh. Keep it going next week in Hammond.

His performance will hopefully earn him some conference recognition this coming week.

GO SIOUX

Josh Murray has been named GWC Offensive Player of the Week.

Press Release

Josh Murray ran for another career-high as he helped lead the Fighting Sioux to a 38-35 road victory over their first FCS

opponent of the season, Idaho State. On foot, the sophomore totaled 204 yards on 23 carries with one touchdown and

averaged 8.9 yards per carry. His touchdown came off of a 26-yard run on the first play of the second quarter and his

longest carry came later that quarter on the Sioux

While I think Murray is really a special player, I think its also worth mentioning that Brandon Brady started to make some plays in that game that he is capable of and maybe hasn't made in the past. It will be important for him to maintain a high level of contribution in a long season when we look to the running game to win ball games (and for when Murray busts 40+ yard runs and could use a breather)

• 1 month later...