SiouxSports.com Forum

Topic Without a Forum

kr

1st -- to the administration -- sorry about putting this question into this forum, but I didn't want to put it in a specific section as then the "birds" may begin to "chirp" wondering "who it is" (meaning if I put it in the football/basketball forum Bison chatter or in the hockey forum Gopher chatter as to who is taking summer classes).

Question: When a scholarship student/athlete takes a summer course is that student responsible for the cost of the summer course(s)? That/those classes are not covered under their scholarship, right? This was a topic of a conversation and it was assumed this was the case, however, we wanted verification or a correction by a resident expert.... Sica, Jim Dahl, someone, Bueller?

Question: When a scholarship student/athlete takes a summer course is that student responsible for the cost of the summer course(s)? That/those classes are not covered under their scholarship, right? This was a topic of a conversation and it was assumed this was the case, however, we wanted verification or a correction by a resident expert.... Sica, Jim Dahl, someone, Bueller?

SAVE FERRIS!!! :glare:

But seriously, my best guess is that the scholarship does not cover their cost of summer classes, as scholarships are issued once a year (I think, never actually being smart enough to receive one, I am going off of when we apply for them...athletic scholarships may be handled differently), and are for a specific amount of money.