SiouxSports.com Forum

Stevenson signs with Sharks

MinnesotaNorthStar

USCHO post says T. Hennesy on FAN is saying that Joseph will sign shortly. As well as Finger and Hendricks. So far Gophs avoiding jumping ship rumors.

If this is true, both Mankato and St. Cloud will be battling to stay out of the cellar next year. Well, as long as Anchorage is in the league not the cellar, but close.

Sorry Mavs fans, but in my opinion, Mankato was a two-person team and one of those chaps is already gone and the other may be right behind. I do also know that goaltender Jensen, a senior next year who started 25 games this past year, is not coming back.

If the radio guy is accurate, I would gather Joseph probably feels his stock won't get any better than it is now especially with his high scoring linemate from this past year being gone and his stats potentially taking a decent hit if he remained at Mankato next year. Not to mention, free agents like him may find a much more limited market once the next CBA is worked out in the NHL. Kind of surprising if he did leave though since Joseph is rather small. I wasn't shocked Stevenson left but I always felt Joseph would stay around four years with his size being an issue.

Finger is getting rather old and I would imagine he feels some urgency to get on with a pro career. Of course, I am sure he also realizes SCSU will likely be a weaker 2nd division club next year and probably wants no part of that. I would imagine Hendricks can see the writing on the wall at SCSU as well.... especially if Finger bolts. Playing for Dahl seems to prod guys to leave early too.... they probably get sick of him.

The only Gopher I think is a threat to go early is Vanek. But a lot of that will depend on who drafts him. No matter who drafts him, I am not convinced he won't stay around one more year. We'll see.

If this is true, both Mankato and St. Cloud will be battling to stay out of the cellar next year. Well, as long as Anchorage is in the league not the cellar, but close.

Sorry Mavs fans, but in my opinion, Mankato was a two-person team and one of those chaps is already gone and the other may be right behind. I do also know that goaltender Jensen, a senior next year who started 25 games this past year, is not coming back.

Logically what you say makes sense. However, I've thought MSUM has seemed destined for that fate on more than one offseason, and it never comes to pass. Jutting, and Brose before him, seem to be able to field a competitive team every year, now matter how "bad" it seems like they should be.

Logically what you say makes sense. However, I've thought MSUM has seemed destined for that fate on more than one offseason, and it never comes to pass. Jutting, and Brose before him, seem to be able to field a competitive team every year, now matter how "bad" it seems like they should be.

Agreed. It probably won't be as dire for the Mavs as I stated, but if Joseph leaves I will be shocked if they finish out of the bottom five next season, despite their returning players, coaching staff and the addition of Backes and others.