SiouxSports.com Forum

EXXON MOBIL

Oxbow6

Read today that Exxon Mobil recorded record profits of 40 Billion dollars in '07! Yes that is BILLION with a B! And gas is still hovering around $3/gal! ???:angry:

Edit: Forgive me on the mis-spelling on the topic header

Edit 2: Fixed

Read today that Exxon Mobil recorded record profits of 40 Billion dollars in '07! Yes that is BILLION with a B! And gas is still hovering around $3/gal! ???:angry:

It's called Capitalism. I hate that gas continues to rise but if I owned stock in Exxon Mobil, I'd probably be a happier man today; and I could afford gas more easily. :angry:

It's called Capitalism. I hate that gas continues to rise but if I owned stock in Exxon Mobil, I'd probably be a happier man today; and I could afford gas more easily. :angry:

Agree and I do, but $40 billion??

Alright, this is going to be one of those he said-she said things:

My owner where I work at said that his buddy works at a refinery(?) in Texas. Anyways, when they bought their oil this week, it cost them $29.??. Somehow it is currently selling on the futures market for $88.96. That's roughly a 200% mark-up by the time it gets to the public. Tack on State and Federal taxes, you get $3/gallon.

Anyone who thinks that the oil companys are ripping off the public should do what any good capitalist should do... Start an oil company.

Oh... and you can't come back here and complain that government regulations and taxes make it too difficult to be competitive.

I know a guy who went pretty high up in a major corporation. I said to him you rubbed elbows with these guys. What are they like? He said the one thing you do not do is screw with there money. All my adult life I have heard Republicans claim they were fiscally responsable. Under Reagan and Bush all we get is debt. I do not trust Republicans on the national level with our money. I cannot say that about the Republicans in North Dakota. We seem to have a surplus at a state level.