SiouxSports.com Forum

1590 Fox Sports -- WTF?

fighting sue

All I listen to for sports radio is 1590 Fox Sports -- the reception for 1520 can be a bit sketchy and 1440 is just awful -- but all week they've been playing, I kid you not, the Flintstones' theme song. I know what they're doing is called "stunting" -- which means they're probably going to have a new format soon.

That's unfortunate, but has anyone heard anything definite? I've watched for mentions in the Herald but it's seemed to have gotten zero coverage. I suppose after 94.7 pulled the same trick with Christmas music maybe the Herald isn't willing to give radio stations free press anymore.

Anyway, has anyone heard anything definitive?

you can try the FM dial...looks like they added a translator station there (I assume you're in GF?)

NORTH DAKOTA/MINNESOTA:

"Fox Sports 1590" translator K300BG/107.9 (Grand Forks) has signed on. The translator uses 250 Watts from the KWTL/1370 tower southwest of town, relaying Leighton Enterprises' KCNN/1590 (East Grand Forks). (11/1/2010)

you can try the FM dial...looks like they added a translator station there (I assume you're in GF?)

NORTH DAKOTA/MINNESOTA:

"Fox Sports 1590" translator K300BG/107.9 (Grand Forks) has signed on. The translator uses 250 Watts from the KWTL/1370 tower southwest of town, relaying Leighton Enterprises' KCNN/1590 (East Grand Forks). (11/1/2010)

It seems Jeff has been a busy man starting up two new formats. 107.9 I see is now a classic rock station, with a very weak signal, faded out in the UND parking ramp even.

I heard the Flintstones thing on Monday. Quite unfortunate to leave Grand Forks without a sports station. No, I don't consider PA worthy of listening to on 1440. The solution: Get a SmartPhone - download the ESPN app and the Dan Patrick App. They both work quite well.

It seems Jeff has been a busy man starting up two new formats. 107.9 I see is now a classic rock station, with a very weak signal, faded out in the UND parking ramp even.

I believe that the programming on 107.9 is just another location for 1590 AM. In other words, it looks like Fox Sports is no more and they are playing rock music on both of those frequencies. 1440 is as close as Grand Forks comes to a sports station right now.