SiouxSports.com Forum

Where are you Redfrog?

01grad

Are you going to be posting video clips of the goals again this year? We really appreciated your work last year and I was really looking forward to it for our 2007 championship run!!!

Also on a side note if anybody knows where I could find the new Ralph opening day puck, which is one of the few I don't have, I would greatly appreciate you helping out a fellow Sioux fan! I thought they were supposed to have a new game puck this year, but the picture from the Walski save online from the game looks the same as last year to me.

http://www.grandforksherald.com/photograph...lery.cfm?id=260

One last thing without having to start a new thread. How do you say the last names of some of these new players? I think I remember that Genoway is pronounced with a guh sound now unlike his brother, but what about Malone? Is it Maloney or just Malone? Does Trupp sound like troup or trup? Last, but not least is Frattin a French sounding name like fraton or is it just frattin as it looks.

Thanks for the help!

Great start to the season, GO SIOUX!!!

So nobody on this board was at the game and heard how these new players' last names were announced?

Go to the Sioux website and click on the 2007 Prospectus link. There is a pronunciation guide included on the bottom right hand corner of I think page 3.

Go to the Sioux website and click on the 2007 Prospectus link. There is a pronunciation guide included on the bottom right hand corner of I think page 3.

I didn't hear anything wrong, I noticed that in that pronounciation key that they had Genoway wrong, he is not like his brother who like JEN o way, he likes GEN o way.

Good idea. I always wondered how "Miller" was pronounced. :lol:

Bina - BEE nuh

Chorney - CHOR nee

Davidson - DAVID son

Duncan - DUNK in

Finley - FINN lee

Forney - FOUR nee

Frattin - FRAT in

Genoway - JEN o way

Grieco - GRECK o

Jones - JONES

Kaip - KIPE

Kozek - KOH zek

Lamoureux - LAM er roo

LaPoint - la POINT

Malone - ma LONE

Martens - MAR tens

Marto - MART o

Miller - MILL ur

Oshie - OH shee

Radke - RAD kee

Trupp - TRUP

VandeVelde - VAN de vel dee

Walski - WALL skee

Watkins - WATT kins

Zajac - ZAY jack

maybe they should ask chay as it has been pernounced with a hard G from everything ive heard on him on tv and radio and by his teammates, unlike his bro was a J sound

As I recall, Colby didn't mind it being pronounced either way because while his family used the hard G, other relatives prounounced the name "JEN o way." But I thought last season's agreed-upon pronounciation was "GEN o way." Now I'm back to being confused.