SiouxSports.com Forum

Langdon Volleyball

GeauxSioux

What a disappointment! I feel bad for the seniors next year, the only thing that this did is hurt the players. It never should have happened.

There is a pretty good discussion about this over on ND Preps. I think the punishment is too much, but they are trying to make a point. There were rule violations, no matter if intended or not, and a price must be payed. I think this is the first time I have ever agreed with the NDHSAA in my life and that has me scared. They rank right up there with the NCAA in my book.

Just jealous Odnacs if you ask me :ohmy: . From what I hear the parents wanted to meet with our coaches. I say "our" because I grew up in Langdon and I heard that they wanted to meet our coaches from a pretty reliable source but that doesn't matter by the sound of the ruling. We co-op with Munich in other sports so I don't see this as being such a big deal, but I guess I'm wrong. It will be nice to give someone else from our region a chance to go to state now. I think we went to state like 7 years in a row give or take a couple of years. I never really followed V-ball so I don't really care about this ruling, but it does seem harsh to punish the players for what a coach did.

I think that the real question is how long will it take to reverse the damage that has been done to Langdon's program? Seriously, you win a championship in 2 or 3 years and what are people going to think? You recruited players or cheated, even though you haven't.

Just jealous Odnacs if you ask me :ohmy: . From what I hear the parents wanted to meet with our coaches. I say "our" because I grew up in Langdon and I heard that they wanted to meet our coaches from a pretty reliable source but that doesn't matter by the sound of the ruling. We co-op with Munich in other sports so I don't see this as being such a big deal, but I guess I'm wrong. It will be nice to give someone else from our region a chance to go to state now. I think we went to state like 7 years in a row give or take a couple of years. I never really followed V-ball so I don't really care about this ruling, but it does seem harsh to punish the players for what a coach did.

The only reason it is a big deal is that these players were still under another co-op I think when the meeting took place. No matter if the parents wanted to or not, a meeting under these circumstances is obviously a violation of some NDHSAA rule. It also was a big deal because one of the players being recruited was the satr player for the second place team in the district. So any little wrong doing will be looked at closely in that instance. As I said before, the time doesn't fit the crime but they are setting a precedent for future teams. Maybe this will make Mandan and other private schools a bit nervous if they are indeed recruiting as some people claim.

Maybe this will make Mandan and other private schools a bit nervous if they are indeed recruiting as some people claim.

Talking about this story tonight at my kid's t-ball game, we brought up the private schools. I was asked to attend a private school for my senior year and offered room and board......if you think it isn't happening, you're wrong.

I guess as a former Langdon volleyball player, it makes me mad that it happened at all.....and I take exception to it.

I'm not taking anything away from what happened, shame on the coaches for doing it. You hurt your team and you ripped off your senior girls who may have had a chance at hanging another banner from the rafters.

I would be mad if I was from Cando and found out another town was wooing my players.....good for them if they turned them in.

Talking about this story tonight at my kid's t-ball game, we brought up the private schools. I was asked to attend a private school for my senior year and offered room and board......if you think it isn't happening, you're wrong.

I know it is happening. Some people don't really believe it, though. When the best players in the state somehow all move to schools with good programs around their junior years, you know something is going on. I think this will make these schools take extra caution when doing these activities. You don't want to end up getting banned from the post season. As for the Langdon situation, it was a lapse of judgement by the coach and the Munich parents. Now it might end up that Munich has no team to play with and Langdon can't go to state. Talk about some price to pay.