SiouxSports.com Forum

Badlands Bowl

bincitysioux

Pretty cool that UND recruits were the leading rusher (Solum--19 for 67 yards) and receiver (VanZee--5 for 99 yards) in the game. I was actually a little surprised that team North Dakota won, given the fact that there were only two UND recruits and two NDSU recruits on the team (three for NDSU counting a walk-on). That seems like a pretty low number compared to most years. Plus, considering how Montana has dominated this series for the most part, you'd kind of expect it would take a team loaded with I-AA (whoops--FCS :lol: )/high-level dII signees for North Dakota to be competitive, let alone win.

Pretty cool that UND recruits were the leading rusher (Solum--19 for 67 yards) and receiver (VanZee--5 for 99 yards) in the game. I was actually a little surprised that team North Dakota won, given the fact that there were only two UND recruits and two NDSU recruits on the team (three for NDSU counting a walk-on). That seems like a pretty low number compared to most years. Plus, considering how Montana has dominated this series for the most part, you'd kind of expect it would take a team loaded with I-AA (whoops--FCS :D )/high-level dII signees for North Dakota to be competitive, let alone win.

Team ND probably had an advantage with the 13 kids from South High. I think the entire O line was from South. Not that the South kids are that much better, but I'm sure team ND played more like a team and less like an all-star team.

Great Job Team ND!! :lol:

This is great. I wish we would do this in Nebraska against Iowa or Kansas. All we do is in state high school all star games on a north-south or eas-west basis. I would have loved playing in one of these interstate games. Are there any special rules? I imagine injuries might be a big concern.