SiouxSports.com Forum

North Dakota Rocket Launch

GeauxSioux

In my 8th grade science class we built rockets and launched them from the adjacent football field. I bought the biggest rocket that I could...a three stage monster that stood about three feet tall when complete. Alas...when the second stage motor ignited it broke from its supports pushing it and the third stage into the rocket body. The heat of the motor immediately burned the cardboard body in two. The cone section spun wildly and the burned out first stage fell to the earth.

It was spectacular!

:ohmy:

I recovered all sections and repaired the damage. It still sits in my old room at my mothers house.

In my 8th grade science class we built rockets and launched them from the adjacent football field. I bought the biggest rocket that I could...a three stage monster that stood about three feet tall when complete. Alas...when the second stage motor ignited it broke from its supports pushing it and the third stage into the rocket body. The heat of the motor immediately burned the cardboard body in two. The cone section spun wildly and the burned out first stage fell to the earth.

It was spectacular!

:ohmy:

I recovered all sections and repaired the damage. It still sits in my old room at my mothers house.

Brings me back to when I was a kid building rockets that we used to buy at Benner's, downtown GF. We would build them and go over by RRHS and launch them, somehow attaching to the car battery. We launched one multi-stage, but I can't remember what happened, though. Benner's was my favorite store when I was a kid. They had everything hobby-wise a kid would want. ;)

Brings me back to when I was a kid building rockets that we used to buy at Benner's, downtown GF. We would build them and go over by RRHS and launch them, somehow attaching to the car battery. We launched one multi-stage, but I can't remember what happened, though. Benner's was my favorite store when I was a kid. They had everything hobby-wise a kid would want. ;)

Benner's..............your mentioning that place just brought back memories, spend many a dollar in that store, mainly in the HO racing cars and raced them/tried them out on Benner's track they had at the store. That store was enjoyed by many a Grand Forks youth.

• 8 months later...