SiouxSports.com Forum

Classless Minnesota Fans

ozzie679

Whoa, someone must have scratched his favorite Jeff Foxworthy CD. What's with being a name nazi?

Good one with the J Foxworthy. What's your hangup with hicks though? Are you a small town boy transplanted into the big TC now, so everyone else is a hick? If complaining about the refs makes you a hick, what does that make all the UMTC fans in the above mentioned youtube videos? I should know better than to respond to trolling gopher fans, but I've been jonesing to post something since the playoffs. I can't remember if the last time I posted was after Air Force ALMOST beat the Gophs, or if it was after Chris Porter scored in OT :p It may have been after congratulating Duncan on his trophy now that I think about it.

Good one with the J Foxworthy. What's your hangup with hicks though? Are you a small town boy transplanted into the big TC now, so everyone else is a hick? If complaining about the refs makes you a hick, what does that make all the UMTC fans in the above mentioned youtube videos? I should know better than to respond to trolling gopher fans, but I've been jonesing to post something since the playoffs. I can't remember if the last time I posted was after Air Force ALMOST beat the Gophs, or if it was after Chris Porter scored in OT :p It may have been after congratulating Duncan on his trophy now that I think about it.

Nope, it was a post about French Canadians. And I whole heartedly agree with it.

Their parents must be so proud. :wink:

There was only like five of them doing it. They were in the minority. Most other Gopher fans were nice to us. These idiots were just a few fratboys who were like a whole period and a half LATE to the game anyway. They didn't watch even two seconds of the game. All they could do was harrass us and cheer when the other Gopher fan cheered.

It's funny though because they were really nice to me for a while. They were so stupid that they thought I was a Gopher fan for a while. I was wearing my gold Tech jersey and they were thinking it was a gold Gopher jersey. As soon as they discovered that it was indeed a Huskies jersey, they were dicks to me.

The main guy there who's most of the problem... he grabbed my camera at least twice while I was filming him. If he'da done it once more, I probably would've gotten kicked out along with those losers.

If you want the thread where they really talk about it on GPL ... go here: http://gopherpucklive.com/viewtopic.php?t=6057&start=150 ... start at the post by hoop that was posted on Sat 3/03/07 at 10:37 am. Hoop's the biggest d-bag on GPL, btw. My favorite is him and a few others blaming us about it. Comedy. :)

There was just non-stop vulgarity and physical pushing and shoving. Also, an open packet of barbecue sauce was thrown and some bbq sauce did get on one of our jersey's... HuskyNation's. The Techie in the Murphy jersey, he's "HuskyNation" on USCHO... I have NO IDEA how he kept his cool. I'da been beating some little punk ass if I had been him.

This was all during the second period. I thought things were getting out of control, so I thought I should start filming it for evidence, if need be.

If you're wondering why they keep talking about us getting kicked out... basically, 3 Techies were talking to the usher and the usher couldn't hear them. So they went to the concourse to talk. Well, 3+ sections of Gopher fans thought that the Tech fans were getting the boot, as they were walking out with the usher.. This was during the third period. I had moved out of that situation and behind my team.

I will reiterate.. these losers do not in anyway reprsent the Gopher fans. My biggest reason for posting the videos on YouTube was to embarrass those idiots and also just share an experience... and hope that if people see this happening at their arena, they can step up and try to stop it. You'll notice that no one in the video was doing anything to try to calm those guys down. Most people around were getting angry with him, but no one stepped up. And he sure as hell wasn't listening to us. There were a few parents with small children yelling at the guy... but that didn't do much good.

In any case, to the best of my knowledge, these goons are done with Gopher hockey in the Mariucci Arena. :D