SiouxSports.com Forum

Hockey Futures NCAA Prospects

AZSIOUX

Wow... not exactly nice words for Kozek, or Forney... although it seems like they see more potential in Forney because he is younger

They do mention that Forney is a true freshman, but they fail to mention that he's been battling a shoulder injury all year long, and this has affected his game, including ice time. As far as Kozek....better turn it on next year or his rights may be waived.

They do mention that Forney is a true freshman, but they fail to mention that he's been battling a shoulder injury all year long, and this has affected his game, including ice time. As far as Kozek....better turn it on next year or his rights may be waived.

I really hope we see something of Forney next year, though a year in the USHL might not hurt him. It just seems that he is always hurt. Genoway, Zajac, and VV have stepped up in our rookie class which is good because Forney was the headliner. INCH had him as the #3 incoming forward in college hockey, and other outlets thought similar. Without a resurgent Forney, we have a real blue collar class this year without an elite player. Fortunately this class is sandwiched between two class with many elite / potential elite players...

All this said, how bad is the Thrashers organization when he moves up two spots in the rankings. :lol:

I really hope we see something of Forney next year, though a year in the USHL might not hurt him. It just seems that he is always hurt. Genoway, Zajac, and VV have stepped up in our rookie class which is good because Forney was the headliner. INCH had him as the #3 incoming forward in college hockey, and other outlets thought similar. Without a resurgent Forney, we have a real blue collar class this year without an elite player. Fortunately this class is sandwiched between two class with many elite / potential elite players...

All this said, how bad is the Thrashers organization when he moves up two spots in the rankings. :silly:

As I mentioned in another thread, Jay Forney (Mike's dad) told me that he was scheduled to have off-season shoulder surgery. Hak told Forney that he should be playing on one of the scoring lines (1 or 2) not one of the checking lines. Guess we'll see how this plays out next year.