SiouxSports.com Forum

Sioux Men vs. Western Oregon

bincitysioux

Western Oregon is 3-6 on the year. However, 2 of their losses are against Brigham Young and Oregon St and they've only played one home game all season. Not counting their game against BYU, they've won 2 of their last 3 and the loss was a quadruple overtime game. Last year, they finished with a 9-18 overall record. Their two best players appear to be

F/C Jacob Mitchell (Sr., 6-7, 235) and F Ryan Schmidt (Jr., 6-7, 210). Mitchell is averaging 19 pts and 6 reb and Schmidt is averaging 15 pts and 6 reb.

Should be a very winnable game for UND and I expect them to win. They've hung with a couple of the better NSIC teams this year and they've been playing well of late, but to be fair, their last 5 games have been twice against a very crummy Bemidji St. squad, two NAIA teams, and a loss to a transitioning DII team (Mary).

Western Oregon is 3-6 on the year. However, 2 of their losses are against Brigham Young and Oregon St and they've only played one home game all season. Not counting their game against BYU, they've won 2 of their last 3 and the loss was a quadruple overtime game. Last year, they finished with a 9-18 overall record. Their two best players appear to be

F/C Jacob Mitchell (Sr., 6-7, 235) and F Ryan Schmidt (Jr., 6-7, 210). Mitchell is averaging 19 pts and 6 reb and Schmidt is averaging 15 pts and 6 reb.

Should be a very winnable game for UND and I expect them to win. They've hung with a couple of the better NSIC teams this year and they've been playing well of late, but to be fair, their last 5 games have been twice against a very crummy Bemidji St. squad, two NAIA teams, and a loss to a transitioning DII team (Mary).

I think both games this weekend are very winnable, although I'm kind of expecting a split. I'm not yet sold on the Sioux as a road team, and it's hard to predict how the layoff will affect them.