SiouxSports.com Forum

2006-2007 ND High School Hockey

So just because RR had a close game you're grouping them into the rest of the pack behind South? Don't disrespect one of the best (if not the best) team in the state that way just because they didnt blow away a team like they usually do. Cmon man we all know that Red River and South are far and away the best in the state.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So just because RR had a close game you're grouping them into the rest of the pack behind South? Don't disrespect one of the best (if not the best) team in the state that way just because they didnt blow away a team like they usually do. Cmon man we all know that Red River and South are far and away the best in the state.

I agree with soohockey15 on this one, maybe RR did have a sub-par performance in their game against West Fargo, but to say the Fargo South is in a class of their own would be going a little overboard. To say you think South is the best team in the state at this point would be more fitting, but not a league of their own. The next couple weeks should tell us a lot about how the east region will end up.

The reason I am saying that South is in a league of their own is based on how they have played earlier in the year. If you look at the schedules Red River killed Wahpeton, Shanley, Crookston, Jamestown, and played a tight game at home with West Fargo. On the other hand South beat GPR 6-2, North 9-3, even White Bear Lake a top 10 Minnesota team 5-1. So until Red River impresses me with by beating a quality team, I will rate South in a league of their own.

I think it will be south and RR in the championship game this year for sure. It will be close between the other teams but i feel RR and South. I think RR will pull it off with Eric Meland and Russel Crary comming out big in the game with defensemen Ryan Ladouceur and Jarret Galbreath backing them up. Remember this is just my opinion and im not saying South will get beat because they are a very talented team so you can bash my thoughts but it probably wont change them.

No, it isn't because they didn't blow them out. It is the fact that they were losing in the third period to a horrible team. This is probably why people would say that.

I think it will be south and RR in the championship game this year for sure. It will be close between the other teams but i feel RR and South. I think RR will pull it off with Eric Meland and Russel Crary comming out big in the game with defensemen Ryan Ladouceur and Jarret Galbreath backing them up. Remember this is just my opinion and im not saying South will get beat because they are a very talented team so you can bash my thoughts but it probably wont change them.

I think if they play like they did against WF they will probably have a good shot at winning the state championship. I think people are forgetting how good WF is and esspecially on the road.

The reason I am saying that South is in a league of their own is based on how they have played earlier in the year. If you look at the schedules Red River killed Wahpeton, Shanley, Crookston, Jamestown, and played a tight game at home with West Fargo. On the other hand South beat GPR 6-2, North 9-3, even White Bear Lake a top 10 Minnesota team 5-1. So until Red River impresses me with by beating a quality team, I will rate South in a league of their own.

What do you mean RR beat these 4 perinial powers: Shanley, Wahpeton, J-town, Crookston. Then they ran into a team that figures to be batlling these teams out for the title of "worst team in the tri-state area" and they took home a solid 3-2 third period come back win against the WF packers. Come on how do you not think RR is the best team in ND and maybe Minnesota?

Russel Crary as a sophmore who leads RR in scoring. He is a very good athelete and it is awsome seeing him out there with Eric Meland and Andrew Vigen all working together. That line will be one of the best this season especially with there awsome defenders. Pat Arnason is a great goalie though I think he would love to have those goals back against WF. Cant wait to see what this line can do against EGF Tuesday in EGF.

Russel Crary as a sophmore who leads RR in scoring. He is a very good athelete and it is awsome seeing him out there with Eric Meland and Andrew Vigen all working together. That line will be one of the best this season especially with there awsome defenders. Pat Arnason is a great goalie though I think he would love to have those goals back against WF. Cant wait to see what this line can do against EGF Tuesday in EGF.

Agreed, they are fun to watch. Is it as fun watching them in full gear and a Red River RoughRiders jersey though?

We don't know yet that South is in a league of their own based on the fact that they have yet to play Red River, but I wouldn't be at all shocked to find out that in fact is the case once those two meet head-to-head. Beating White Bear Lake convincingly was a huge statement. If Red River can hang with South and make a game of it I will be very impressed.

You dont think that RR can keep up with south. The only factor in that game will be that South has a better goalie other than that south has nothing on rr. So they beat WBL big deal WBL could have played a bad game but with players like the players RR has Deichert will have a lot of shots and will need to play a vry good game. THe game will be close that is for sure but if you think RR cant keep up then you got something comming.

You dont think that RR can keep up with south. The only factor in that game will be that South has a better goalie other than that south has nothing on rr. So they beat WBL big deal WBL could have played a bad game but with players like the players RR has Deichert will have a lot of shots and will need to play a vry good game. THe game will be close that is for sure but if you think RR cant keep up then you got something comming.

Settle down gentleman. Until the teams play it's really pointless to argue because only time will tell how well the two teams match up. On the South vs. White Bear, well, maybe White Bear did have a bad game. But on the other hand, maybe South had a bad game? Just some things to consider before you come out firing on all cylinders about how good your respective team is. Because then in the event of a loss the people you are arguing with are going to want to tear you down because of statements you made in the past. Best of luck to all teams.

Alright RoughRiders09, I have read all 7 of your posts in the last two days, and as a fellow Red River fan and Red River alum, I would like to ask you to please proofread your posts before you post them. Having graduated from Red River I know that the english teachers there are well aware of what a comma is, and im fairly sure they relay the message to you in class. This would not be an issue if you forgot one every now and then, which im sure I do as well, but when you write what should be a paragraph, in one line, it gets a little confusing for readers. Although you are only a sophomore, as indicated by your name, I would like to ask you to represent the the great school of Red River a little better. Thanks...

Alright RoughRiders09, I have read all 7 of your posts in the last two days, and as a fellow Red River fan and Red River alum, I would like to ask you to please proofread your posts before you post them. Having graduated from Red River I know that the english teachers there are well aware of what a comma is, and im fairly sure they relay the message to you in class. This would not be an issue if you forgot one every now and then, which im sure I do as well, but when you write what should be a paragraph, in one line, it gets a little confusing for readers. Although you are only a sophomore, as indicated by your name, I would like to ask you to represent the the great school of Red River a little better. Thanks...

Agreed.

I agree with UNDhockey22, and I relize that I get a bit cocky and try to defend my team more than I should. Also sorry for not using commas, I will try to use them and also use them in the correct places. English is not my strong subject, but I should learn a lot by the end of the year from having Mrs. Wacker as a teacher (not sure if you had her but she is a tough one). Sorry guys I will try to cool down and also proofread my paragraphs.

Along with Alex Simonson quiting the team last week, I was informed today that Cody Misleau (sp) has also quit. That is another player with some varsity experience that has quit. When is this going to end. I have also heard rumors that others were thinking about walking off with Simonson, but ended up deciding not to. Being from Grand Forks, this is a tough thing to see. These kids should be happy and should pride in putting on a jersey with Grand Forks on it, let alone Central, who is undoubtable the best team in the history of North Dakota High School hockey. I hope the coaches can rally the troops together and hopefully Central will pull together as a team.

Well from what I have heard, the coach (Bina) is the reason the players are quiting. Simo had quit because of the coach, but I am not quite sure on Misleaus case. Though I am a 110% Rider fan, I wish Central would get its act together, that way when they play us (RR) on Jan 4th, it wont be a blow out. P.s. RR-Central game is on my b-day, so a win would be a good present.

I agree with UNDhockey22, and I relize that I get a bit cocky and try to defend my team more than I should. Also sorry for not using commas, I will try to use them and also use them in the correct places. English is not my strong subject, but I should learn a lot by the end of the year from having Mrs. Wacker as a teacher (not sure if you had her but she is a tough one). Sorry guys I will try to cool down and also proofread my paragraphs.

That post was very mature. When I was younger I remember never liking many players from Minnesota and the cities area because they had the mentality that they were better than everyone from North Dakota. Don't get me wrong, I love Minnesota and have met some very close friends from Minnesota through sports, types of friendships that will last a life time. However, the attitude that came across to me most often was that because I was from North Dakota or my team was from North Dakota, we did not command respect; even though we almost always beat them. It is apologies like the one above that remind me of the character players from North Dakota have that many times I felt players in Minnesota did not have or show to players from across the boarder. I'm very impressed... End rant.

How about we never say anything about players that can't score against WF (crary). Seriously I am already sick of hearing about this kid. He can light it up against s***** teams, wow. Until he can score on someone that actually has some clout I never want to see his name again.

How about we never say anything about players that can't score against WF (crary). Seriously I am already sick of hearing about this kid. He can light it up against s***** teams, wow. Until he can score on someone that actually has some clout I never want to see his name again.

Hows about you get that ol' chip off your shoulder and realize that Russel Crary is an outstanding athlete. So he didnt score during one game, then again nobody else scored in that game besides Eric Meland. I gaurentee Crary keeps his points going, and will light it up against what ever team you root for.

So you don't want to talk about Jarrett Galbreath, Ryan LaDoucer, Kyle Everson, Zach Welding, everyone on South, everyone on North, everyone on GFC? You know there is a little more to the game then just scoring goals, and when you have 11 pts. through 4 games I think you are allowed a mulligan. I may be going out on a limb here but his linemate had three goals in a game and I think maybe JUST MAYBE Russel Crary may have played a role in that.

So you don't want to talk about Jarrett Galbreath, Ryan LaDoucer, Kyle Everson, Zach Welding, everyone on South, everyone on North, everyone on GFC? You know there is a little more to the game then just scoring goals, and when you have 11 pts. through 4 games I think you are allowed a mulligan. I may be going out on a limb here but his linemate had three goals in a game and I think maybe JUST MAYBE Russel Crary may have played a role in that.

100% agreed

Your right, we should never bring Russel Crary up again. He is obviously a horrible hockey player if he went one game without a goal. I mean he only had 13 points, or somthing of that nature, in his first 4 games as a varsity hockey player. I suggest that if you never want to see his name again, you never look on this board again because I can forsee him being a highly talked about player as the year goes on.

On a different note, I had heard that Cody Mishleau had concisdered quitting but had not heard that he actually did. If this is true, you can add him to the list of classless pussies that think they are too good for the team they are on. Some of you may say im being a little harsh calling them that, but its all they deserve. I dont care how much you hate the coach or how bad your team is, when you are an upperclassman on a young team you are looked up to. What kind of message is it sending to the younger kids about the importance of dedication. These kids are not only playing for themselves, but for their school, and city...I am embarassed to say that I know both of them. I wish Coach Bina and the rest of the kids on Central who decide to stick it out the best with the rest of the season.

Your right, we should never bring Russel Crary up again. He is obviously a horrible hockey player if he went one game without a goal. I mean he only had 13 points, or somthing of that nature, in his first 4 games as a varsity hockey player. I suggest that if you never want to see his name again, you never look on this board again because I can forsee him being a highly talked about player as the year goes on.

On a different note, I had heard that Cody Mishleau had concisdered quitting but had not heard that he actually did. If this is true, you can add him to the list of classless pussies that think they are too good for the team they are on. Some of you may say im being a little harsh calling them that, but its all they deserve. I dont care how much you hate the coach or how bad your team is, when you are an upperclassman on a young team you are looked up to. What kind of message is it sending to the younger kids about the importance of dedication. These kids are not only playing for themselves, but for their school, and city...I am embarassed to say that I know both of them. I wish Coach Bina and the rest of the kids on Central who decide to stick it out the best with the rest of the season.

Once again I agree. I agree 110% though because you are deffinitly right about Cody and Simo, I mean come on. I feel bad for Central, theyre not going to have much to look up to pretty soon, I have heard of others thinking of leaving the team. That may be a rumor but not totally sure. I also know them both and it is a shame that they have just abandon the team like this.