SiouxSports.com Forum

And I thought no one cared about UND

Riverman

I think your trying to steal the trademark by suing the NCAA. The lawsuit admits its all about money. Thats the basis of the so called damages, but yet you have not voluntered any payment to your sponser for use of the symbol besides the taxpayers contributions to your "Native American programs".

Any support you are getting is from lumber heads that say stuff like yea, what about the Washington Redskins, or maybe even Sioux Falls?

I think your trying to steal the trademark by suing the NCAA.

Why would UND have to steal something it already owns?

The lawsuit admits its all about money.
Thanks for the brilliant observation, Matlock.

Thats the basis of the so called damages, but yet you have not voluntered any payment to your sponser for use of the symbol besides the taxpayers contributions to your "Native American programs".

In other words, providing educational opportunities to American Indians is bad, but bribing the Sioux tribes to use the nickname is okay with you.

Any support you are getting is from lumber heads that say stuff like yea, what about the Washington Redskins, or maybe even Sioux Falls?

Quite obviously, there are "lumber heads" on both sides of the issue.

I think your trying to steal the trademark by suing the NCAA. The lawsuit admits its all about money. Thats the basis of the so called damages, but yet you have not voluntered any payment to your sponser for use of the symbol besides the taxpayers contributions to your "Native American programs".

Let me correct your paper...

It would be...

--"Any support YOU ARE getting" (HINT: use "YOU'RE")

--"Thats the basis" SHOULD BE "That's the basis" and also, NO, money is NOT the basis...the basis is an injuction against the NCAA policy. Monetary damages are COMPLETELY secondary and really not an issue at all.

--"voluntered" is ACTUALLY spelled VOLUNTEERED! :silly:

--hopefully "lumber heads" would say "Yeah!" (a positive affirmation) instead of "yea" (which constitutes a "YES" vote in Parliamentary Procedure situations) I learned that in FFA! Man, now you're taking me back to that State Convention I attended at the Ag college...biggest reason why I decided to attend UND - I wanted an EDUCATION!!! ;):D