SiouxSports.com Forum

David Spies

junior24

I've been hearing a lot about David Spies, and his ability to hit a baseball. He will be playing for the Fighting Sioux baseball team and he will be on a scholarship. Scources have said he batted in the range of .470 for the Royals the past season. If anyone has any info on this top prospect please let me know. I also heard he was regocnized on the Field Turf at the Dome for winning a field of dreams scholarship. Sounds like a class act.

I've been hearing a lot about David Spies, and his ability to hit a baseball. He will be playing for the Fighting Sioux baseball team and he will be on a scholarship. Scources have said he batted in the range of .470 for the Royals the past season. If anyone has any info on this top prospect please let me know. I also heard he was regocnized on the Field Turf at the Dome for winning a field of dreams scholarship. Sounds like a class act.

From what i have heard, david spies is not only a top notch baseball player, but is even a better person off the field. When i read the following post I felt the need to do a little research, so i went to my sources and ended up scratching out Grand Forks legion baseball coach Gabe Dahls phone number. According to Dahl, Spies hit more in the 350 range this past season, but last season he broke the Royals single season batting average record batting somewhere near 470 which is very impressive. According to Dahl, Spies will be red-shirted his first year with the Green and White but his role off the field will be as important as any starting senior. David will be in charge of scouting opposing teams offensive tendencies along with scouting pitchers from around the league. Dahl says that Spies is such an intelligent kid that he tends to see things that normally gets by even the best coaches. Off the field Mr. Spies has been very active in the community for several years...He has been adopting and housing battered pets from the local humane society since he was only 10 years old. Besides helping the k-9 population of the area, spies has also been very active in the elderly community. He recently started a program called "Homers with Seniors," in which he gathers several elderly folks from senior homes around the community and teaches them the basics of americas favorite pasttime, as well as teaching some "strategic planning" with the more advance students of the game." I would not only look for David Spies in the Grand Forks herald sports section, but i would keep my eyes on CNN and USA Today, because this kid will go on to much bigger and better things....Good luck to Mr. Spies in all his future endeavors, from all of us at Sioux Sports!