SiouxSports.com Forum

ATLANTA THRASHERS PROSPECT RANKINGS

AZSIOUX

And you shall be duly recognized...By the power vested in me I hereby proclaim redwing to be the Assistant Assistant Midwest Ottawa Scout! ???

Can I be the Associate Assistant Assistant Midwest Ottawa Scout? Because I was thinking the same thing as redwing77. ;)

Can I be the Associate Assistant Assistant Midwest Ottawa Scout? Because I was thinking the same thing as redwing77. ;)

Ok, you all have valid points. Now stop the bickering, please. You sound like little school boys on the playground! You all can be legends in your minds, so you all can be Double Secret Agent Midwest Ottawa hockey scouts? Does that please you? ???

I'm not from Warroad, I live in GF. A couple of my friends and I had a great time talking to him. During the game we tried to let him do his job, but between periods we had some good conversation. I learned a ton about what a scout does and looks for in a player, as Bill was willing to answer all of our questions. I have met other scouts and most of them are all business, but your husband was very gracious to us, it was just a real fun evening. He sure had plenty of talent to evaluate that night. I'm also glad for Ottawa and for Brian Lee, they are going to have a darn good player for years to come.

He always enjoys talking hockey. Now that you mention GF, that rings a bell. He is already scheduling his weekend travels to the USHL, WCHA and high school games. He will be in GF (with me in tow), Dec 1 for the game with Sioux against the Michigan high school kids league. I can't remember what that league is called off the top of my head. If you sit high enough in the rink maybe you will spot him. He likes the high seats for scouting or whatever Cary Eades finds for him. It seems the talent isn't as strong as it was a few years ago though. What do you think?

He always enjoys talking hockey. Now that you mention GF, that rings a bell. He is already scheduling his weekend travels to the USHL, WCHA and high school games. He will be in GF (with me in tow), Dec 1 for the game with Sioux against the Michigan high school kids league. I can't remember what that league is called off the top of my head. If you sit high enough in the rink maybe you will spot him. He likes the high seats for scouting or whatever Cary Eades finds for him. It seems the talent isn't as strong as it was a few years ago though. What do you think?

The talent a couple years ago was exceptional, especially in Section 8. I'm sure it's just a cycle like everything else, good years and bad years. Maybe I'll run into you guys around an arena somewhere again.

hockey futures new jersey devils prospect rankings

http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=8979

2. (+2) Travis Zajac, C, 7.5 C

Acquired: 1st round, 20th overall, 2004 NHL Draft

Zajac started his sophomore season in North Dakota with the Fighting Sioux somewhat slowly, but turned things around mid-season and down the stretch for what has to be considered a great second year in the NCAA. Zajac lead North Dakota in assists with 27 and finished third in team scoring with 44 points behind Drew Stafford (BUF) and T.J. Oshie (STL). At the end of the season, he signed with the Devils and reported to Albany where he suited up for six games, scoring a goal and an assist.

Strong at both ends of the rink, Zajac contributes in all facets of the game and often does the little things that don

st louis hf prospect rankings

oshie #2

http://hockeysfuture.com/article.php?sid=8985

2. T.J. Oshie, C, 8.0 C

Acquired: 1st Round, 24th Overall, 2005

Another American-trained player, T.J. Oshie sits second on the list of Blues prospects. Boasting a supreme offensive upside, the centerman is easily the most promising forward prospect. Oshie is very effective one-on-one thanks to his soft hands and quickness with the puck. A pure goal scorer, he is considered to have a good shot, and uses his snappy release to victimize opposing goaltenders. The Blues have suffered from a shortage of skilled forwards recently, but Oshie should help to remedy that problem once he graduates to the professional ranks.

When the Blues took Oshie late in the first round there were some critics who felt he went too high, citing some holes in his game and his lack of experience against tough competition. But the young center may have silenced some of the doubters with a strong freshman campaign at the University of North Dakota. Oshie found the back of the net 24 times (nine game-winning goals) and added 21 assists for 45 points. That point total placed him second amongst Fighting Sioux scorers, and ranked second in all the NCAA amongst freshmen. Oshie needs to continue filling the net and better develop the non-offensive aspects of his game to fulfill his potential as a top-six forward in the NHL.