SiouxSports.com Forum

ND: Discover the facism

PCM

I drove through this "drug interdiction" zone and was stopped by the jackboots and their fierce and violent dogs. The trooper got a little testy when my grandson asked to pet the dog while he was working, but the whole experience was not unpleasant and we had a few laughs with the fascistas as they were beating us with rubber hoses and demanding that we tell them where the drugs we were smuggling from CANADA were hidden and which of the other vehicles on the audobahn were our accomplices. We cut a deal with them and implicated a few innocent Canadians in exchange for our freedom. After being forced to sing three choruses of "Fight on Sioux", pledge our allegiance to Engelstad and for which all he stands, and taking a solemn vow to forever help to oppress and supress all minorities, we were allowed to leave. Fascism indeed!

Dose goofy lookin' mounties pulled us over, made us get out da car and pull all da luggage out, eh. Den dose hosers made deir dogs sniff da bags....dey musta wanted to make sure dat we were comin' to da states with clean clothes, eh? ???

Highway Patrolmen are called State Troopers in North Dakota. And yes, you are correct, they have different police powers than Deputies- at least as far as jurisdiction issues. That is why they are not State Police.......as Mr. Smart Canadian referred to them in his nice little factual article.

Many states now refer to their "Highway Patrol" officers as "State Troopers" or as the "State Patrol". I play broomball with several troopers who explained to me the reasoning behind this. Apparently, many people felt the idea of "highway patrol" officers limited the extent of enforcement, namely anything off of a major highway, interstate, or freeway, whatever term you prefer, was off-limits to a patrol officer. This is obviously not the case, so to avoid confusion, some states have changed the name to encompass the state-wide jurisdiction, no matter what road you're travelling on.