SiouxSports.com Forum

Next years WCHA predictions

Guest souixrock

um, you're forgetting one team.....my beloved Bulldogs :)

What about UMD?

What about UMD? ;)

I would expect that UMD will be playing at the final 5. Their freshman weren't at UND's level, but were very talented and as a group they will grow. Plus, their coach seems to be able recruit. I just hope they get their new stadium.

Does anyone else wish that UMD was our rival and not SCCC. The 1 year of 4 where we don't have a Duluth road trip sucks. (And any trip to SCCC sucks, especially if you are a minority...). :lol:

um, you're forgetting one team.....my beloved Bulldogs :lol:

What about UMD?

You're exactly right iceberg, I forgot about UMD. I believe they'll be just below the top three level of talent next season, but I really hope to see them challenge for the middle of the pack with DU, CC and SCSU. I also agree that I'd rather see UMD as a rival instead of SCSU.

I also would love to know why SCSU is continuously is nicknamed SCCC. Where does that come from, or is there some sort of an inside joke that someone could fill me in on?

Does anyone else wish that UMD was our rival and not SCCC. The 1 year of 4 where we don't have a Duluth road trip sucks. (And any trip to SCCC sucks, especially if you are a minority...). :lol:

Me. No trip to Tech or Duluth next year. Plus the Gophers don't come here I believe. El sucko.

SCCC = Stearns County Clown College/St. Clown Community College

You're exactly right iceberg, I forgot about UMD. I believe they'll be just below the top three level of talent next season, but I really hope to see them challenge for the middle of the pack with DU, CC and SCSU. I also agree that I'd rather see UMD as a rival instead of SCSU.

I also would love to know why SCSU is continuously is nicknamed SCCC. Where does that come from, or is there some sort of an inside joke that someone could fill me in on?

also known as JBSU

IMO, they'd be better off to drop Frazee and bring in Kangas.

Why would you drop the number one goalie recruit in the country after his freshman year in which he went 6-3-2 with a 2.36 gaa and a .910 save percentage? Not great numbers, but still pretty good. Very similar numbers to Parise's freshman year. He needs to mature off the ice some and needs to improve his mechanics and positioning, but he was widely regarded as the best incoming goalie last year. It's WAY too early to give up on him. In fact I think he'll have a very good sophmore season and take over the job from Briggs by season's end.

I also would love to know why SCSU is continuously is nicknamed SCCC. Where does that come from, or is there some sort of an inside joke that someone could fill me in on

Stearns County Community College AKA Jan Brady State University

and remember kids.....

"If you can't get into college, go to State" (we sang that at a UMD/SCCC game) :lol:

I would expect that UMD will be playing at the final 5. Their freshman weren't at UND's level, but were very talented and as a group they will grow. Plus, their coach seems to be able recruit. I just hope they get their new stadium.

We'll get the new DECC soon :lol:

What about UMD? ;)

I DON'T!!!

We suck against the Sioux, big time. Plus I enjoy coming to this board a lot more when I want the Sioux to win.