SiouxSports.com Forum

Wisconsin slide

BleedGrn

Wisconsin slide  

69 members have voted

1. 1. Will Wisconsin turn things around in post season?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. If they don't, will Eaves have a job?

• Yes
    • No

Please don't boot my arse for talking about Wisconsin!! :silly:

I'm not trying to discredit Mankato, but things seem to be a little silly over at Bucky U. Doesn't it seem like a coaching problem when you lose a good goalie and the team starts to have issues? Granted, Connelly had big shoes to fill, and I'm sure Elliott has lost a little confidence being out for a while, but I almost feel sorry for those guys over there. It's never fun watching someone on a path of self-destruction. Do they have the skill, will, and coaching to turn things around before it's too late?

Please don't boot my arse for talking about Wisconsin!! :silly:

I'm not trying to discredit Mankato, but things seem to be a little silly over at Bucky U. Doesn't it seem like a coaching problem when you lose a good goalie and the team starts to have issues? Granted, Connelly had big shoes to fill, and I'm sure Elliott has lost a little confidence being out for a while, but I almost feel sorry for those guys over there. It's never fun watching someone on a path of self-destruction. Do they have the skill, will, and coaching to turn things around before it's too late?

Wisconsin has great recruiters. Their 2007 class is looking like one of the best I have ever seen (similar to the Sioux 2005 freshman).

Wisconsin has great recruiters. Their 2007 class is looking like one of the best I have ever seen (similar to the Sioux 2005 freshman).

I'm talking about this season. If they don't turn it around, and fall off the face of the planet this year, they will have blown a really good start to 3/4 of the season. Would it be enough for Eaves to get the boot?

The problem isn't Eaves...he showed that he can be an amazing coach when he took the 03 US WJ team to the Gold.

In my opinion he just doesn't have a lot to work with. The loads of experience on that team is made up largely of "B" rated players. I know talent doesn't reign supreme, but in this case the seniors aren't cutting it. Now that Elliot is hitting the wall and Connelly is a sieve there isn't much hope.

Eaves isn't the problem though, and I think in a couple years Wisco will be back to the place where they had Heatley and Reinprecht....that was a scary team!

With as much as Wisconsin is struggling right now, they are a lock for the NCAA tournament which is over a month away. I believe that they can get things going in this time and if they do will be a deadly team to play in the tournament. Or they could keep imploding!!

I'm not debating that they won't make the tournament. It's probably mathematically impossible for them NOT to make the tournament. I think they could go one game and out if Elliott doesn't start saving their butts.

I watched the games against them here in the Forks, and it looked to me like their men against our boys. But maybe Elliott is the only player worth his salt on that team.