SiouxSports.com Forum

Some interesting and hopefully inspiring quotes

redwing77

I figured with the tough loss tonight and the tough road we have to go still to make the regionals, I thought I'd quote some stuff from this site by some famous people to see what you all think.

Barclay Plager: "It's not who wins the fight that's important, it's being willing to fight. If you get challenged and renege, everyone wants to take a shot at you."

Paul Coffey: "Hockey's a funny game. You have to prove yourself every shift, every game. It's not up to anybody else. You have to take pride in yourself."

Stu Grimson, Chicago Blackhawks left wing, explaining why he keeps a color photo of himself above his locker: "That's so when I forget how to spell my name, I can still find my (expletive) clothes." (this one's not so inspiring, but I thought it was pretty darn funny.)

(On a not so far drop in PWR as I expected...) Wade Redden, on Ottawa's come from behind 6-2 win over Toronto: "Some days, the sun even shines on a dog's butt."

(Even funnier than the one above) The St. Louis Blues Media Guide was recalled to the tune of a $70,000 loss as the result of a listing in the team record section. It related to the amount of 'Oral Satisfaction' that the team got in one game. :D

Herb Brooks, 1980 US Olympic hockey coach: "You don't have enough talent to win on talent alone."

And the last one:

Fred Shero, Flyers Head Coach, at the 1974 Stanley Cup Finals: "Win today and we walk together forever." -- Just win, baby.