SiouxSports.com Forum

It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World

jk

With two more teams being swept at home last weekend, I had to check to see if it's happening more often this year. I just checked a few of the top teams, because I imagine it's not unusual for the lower teams to get swept at home in any year.

CC was just swept by Wisconsin. The Tigers were tigers last year, and weren't swept at home at all.

UND has been swept at home twice this year, compared to once (DU) last year.

MN has been swept at home once this year, compared to, surprisingly, two times last year (CC and MTU).

UMD has been swept at home FOUR times this year, including once by BSU. They managed it just once last year.

It looks like two factors have skewed the data this year. First, Wisconsin is a beast this year, accounting for three of the sweeps listed above (MN, UND and CC, plus the showcase for good measure). Second, UMD obviously is struggling mightily at home. Here's the conversation between Hakstol and Sandelin: "Let's play at your place." "That's OK, how bout your place?" "No, I insist" ...