SiouxSports.com Forum

USA vs. RUSSIA

AZSIOUX

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's no doubt that Kessel was over hyped for this tournament.

However, the expectations some people have for him are ridiculous. And some people spend a lot of time just criticizing him while not acknowledging some good things he does on the ice.

I've been watching the game and these threads. Apparently he hasn't done anything good tonight - imagine that ! Every other player for the US is doing great though.

We have a #2 overall draft choice this year on our team named Bobby Ryan. How come no one criticizes him ? I think he's played like crap - I've hardly noticed him in any of the games. Cripes - Kessel isn't even drafted yet. Maybe he shoud be drafted 10 th I don't care.

How about Toews ? How's he done this tournament ? Didn't many of us on this board 2 months ago say he was better than Kessel and should be drafted #1. Remember the Toews vs Kessel threads ? My guess is that we would be saying it's OK he didn't score any goals - he's awesome anyway.

For good sakes Kessel is not God. He may not even be the #1 draft choice - so what.

If the Ruskies go on to win now. I cant wait to hear the anti Kessel rant after the game - as though no one else could be responsible for the US in this team game.

GO USA. I'm cheering for every player including punkovich.

There's no doubt that Kessel was over hyped for this tournament.

..................... How about Toews ? How's he done this tournament ? Didn't many of us on this board 2 months ago say he was better than Kessel and should be drafted #1. Remember the Toews vs Kessel threads ? My guess is that we would be saying it's OK he didn't score any goals - he's awesome anyway................

Toews is doing exactly what Sutter wants him to do. He is not here to win the scoring championship. He is here to try and win a Gold Medal. Toews is playing great in his own zone. He is not using any high risk plays because Sutter hates those. He is sticking his a$$ in the goalies face during the PP just like Sutter wants it. I simply can't ever see Kessel standing in front of the net like Toews while the D are firing bullets past his head. He simply wouldn't do it. Toews will and so will Oshie and that is the difference between these guys and Kessel.