SiouxSports.com Forum

Frozen Four Adds Skills Challenge

AZSIOUX

sounds cool to me..friday the off day is usually the travel day to site see but this could be cool to watch as well...by the way friday is so much better when you win on thursday..i have been lucky in the last 3 frozen fours the sioux have played in... i have not yet experienced a loss on thursday and hopefully never will ???

http://www.uscho.com/news/id,11221/NCAAToH...sChallenge.html

I like the way the NHL did this. IE: the "All-Star weekend".

Those guys have a lot of pressure on them, and are going to be in a certain state of mind that week. Even though they get to see the sights and enjoy the day, why would they want to be, perhaps, "teammates" with the enemy in a skills challenge. Maybe they don't want to be dead serious the whole time...but I know I would have a weird feeling about a foot race with an opposing forward the day before the big game. Also, goalies are wacked out of their skull as is, now the best shooter from the next game will have an early shot at finding your soft spot.

Don't get me wrong, I love this idea!! It should be a great display for this level, and the sport we love. However doing it so close to the most important game of the year is ill-advised. Why not do it during the holiday break, or any other time of year?

Those guys have a lot of pressure on them, and are going to be in a certain state of mind that week. Even though they get to see the sights and enjoy the day, why would they want to be, perhaps, "teammates" with the enemy in a skills challenge. Maybe they don't want to be dead serious the whole time...but I know I would have a weird feeling about a foot race with an opposing forward the day before the big game. Also, goalies are wacked out of their skull as is, now the best shooter from the next game will have an early shot at finding your soft spot.

The key phrase in the news release is that participants will be "players...who have exhausted their eligibility". I take that to mean players who have already played their last college game; i.e. they are not playing for the championship the following day.

Sioux18

• 2 weeks later...