SiouxSports.com Forum

wow UND hockey room are wild SIOUX!

SiouxFootballField

Robbie won't be playing this year.  He is taking a medical hardship.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

The last thing I want to do is turn this board into uscho but mental illness (yes it is that widespread) can even happen in college hockey.

Tyler had no more to do with his outburst than Robbie had getting viciously cross checked from behind.

The response that Tyler gets in G.F. this December by the student section will not be pretty.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Perhaps, but I have no control over that. Although I'd hope that Hirsch wouldn't be ridiculed by Sioux fans, he probably will be. If UND fans insist on engaging in such juvenile behavior, they'll find that there comes a day when the shoe is on the other foot and they'll look like hypocrits for complaining.

That being said, there's a huge difference between Bina and Hirsch. Hirsch, by his own actions in public, brought the unwanted attention upon himself. Bina had no control over what happened to him. Somebody did it to him.

Bina could have been killed or paralyzed for life by the thoughtless action of another player. To claim, as you've done here, that Bina was responsible for his own injury is tasteless at best.

But if we found out that Tyler had a serious mental problem and paralyzed himself then we would just say "Well he did it to himself".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

He would have done it to himself. But whether it was because he had no control over his mental faculties or he simply made a bad decision would be for a psychologist to determine.

To this day, I've never heard anyone give an explanation for why Tyler did what he did. Personally, I believe he had mental problems at the time, which is why I don't think anyone should make fun of him. But that's just my opinion.