SiouxSports.com Forum

Webcast/Dataflix

NYDakotan

Hello all,

Recently moved from Grand Forks and am hoping for some info on being able to watch the games over the internet. I went to the dataflix page and they only have two games listed right now (Oct 1st against SCSU and Oct 29 against UNO). Does anyone know if they will add more games or if it will work for hockey or basketball? How many games did they have last year? Thanks

Welcome East nydakotan,

Others certainly know more about dataflix, but last year I saw about 5-6 Fighting Sioux hockey games on cable here in New Jersey. If you don't have satellite tv, check with your cable company about what channels they offer. CSTV showed a lot of college hockey last season and now that ESPNU is up and running they will too. You might even start to see some on ESPN and ESPN2 since they lost the NHL contract to OLN-Comcast. FoxSports had some games and YES had a few. There is a network which is called ( I think ) the Empire Sports Network available in some parts of New York which I believe shows college hockey. Also, I found if you can't get some channel at home and you call a sports bar they will find the channel, but remember to ask for the person's name that you spoke with on the phone. That way when you walk in you can just say that John or Lisa said you would turn on such and such channel for me.---Hope I have been of some help.

Hello all,

Recently moved from Grand Forks and am hoping for some info on being able to watch the games over the internet.  I went to the dataflix page and they only have two games listed right now (Oct 1st against SCSU and Oct 29 against UNO).  Does anyone know if they will add more games or if it will work for hockey or basketball?  How many games did they have last year?  Thanks

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

You may want to email someone on the rea webcast page. Although on and off (mostly off for some), dataflix touted the pass for both football and hockey, as well as a stand alone hockey and football packages in the past. All home games, and most road games were shown. Doesn't appear that it's being offered so far (other than the 2 football games you found).