SiouxSports.com Forum

Traditional Native American Dances...

Let'sGoHawks!

I enjoy seeing the dancing/drum ceremonies at hockey games. With the ruling, will these no longer be conducted? Are they what the NCAA deems racist? I don't know what is appropriate/inappropriate anymore. I guess I will just wait for the NCAA to tell me what is right and wrong.

Let me say, the dances were very interesting and I would like to see them continued as they help teach me and some young relatives of mine about another culture. As the kids said, they are just "cool"!

I enjoy seeing the dancing/drum ceremonies at hockey games.  With the ruling, will these no longer be conducted?  Are they what the NCAA deems racist?  I don't know what is appropriate/inappropriate anymore.  I guess I will just wait for the NCAA to tell me what is right and wrong. 

Let me say, the dances were very interesting and I would like to see them continued as they help teach me and some young relatives of mine about another culture.  As the kids said, they are just "cool"!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think they're beautiful and wish that a dancer was part of every hockey game instead of just a rare occurrence. Even though the dancers and drumers are Indian, the NCAA would likely find them offensive because not all Sioux tribes would be represented.